What's new

Bravo DI DVI Output Not Found at TV Input (1 Viewer)

KenRen

Stunt Coordinator
All,

Have a V Inc Bravo D1 DVD connected via DVI to a V Inc. Visio P4 plasma set. When starting a DVD, the P4 just says "searching for signal" and never finds the DVD signal. Very frustrating. Does not happen everytime, even more frustrating.

Tried turning on DVD first and TV first. No change. Cleaned DVD with the Diskwasher cleaner disk. Inspected DVDs, all are clean and unscratched.

Setting are: On DVD, 480P out. On P4 plasma, video in DVI.

Does not happen when using component connection, but I have no interest in staying with that connection and losing the real benefit of the whole setup, all digital DVI.

This did not happen during the first few DVDs is tried, including the Avia disk during initial set up.

I would have thought that matching the equipment (all V Inc) would have removed incompatibility from the get go.

Anyone seen this? Suggestions?

Thanks all,
KenRen

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
What resolution do you have the DVI set to? They all should work, but I'd suggest trying with "gateway".

KenRen

Stunt Coordinator
Well, see below response from V Inc. Anyone using the 852X480 outout? And, notice, the remote control conflict has no solution.

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Subject: P4 and Bravo D1 - Video Setting Problem "searching for signal"

When a Bravo D1 is connected via DVI to a Visio P4, what should be the video output setting on the Bravo?

Currently we have DVI 480P selected. However, the P4 almost always says "searching for signal" and most of the time doesn;t see anything on its DVI input. Very frustrating.

Also have a Pioneer amp whose remote control seems to change Bravo settings sometimes. Saw the info about firmware update on your web site. Is this the solution to the remote problem, both problems, no problems?

-----Original Message-----
From V Inc.
We recommend the 852 x 480.
If the P4 won't find the input, turn the main power off, then on (switch next to the power plug).

The firmware will not cure those problems.

KenRen

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
First the Samsung HD-931 and then the Bravo D1.

Is there any competent manufacturer out there currently making a DVD player with a high quality DVI-output that actually works without any problem???? :angry:

And no, I'm not referring to the let-me-see-if-I-can-sell- a-kidney-on-the-black-market-Denon 5900.

Scott.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ken, it sounds like another one of those reliability issues i've been hearing with the bravo unit.

besides that, did you have any opportunity to critique the bravo's performance?

i'm feeling less and less likely to get the D1, but i'd still like to hear your impressions...if you have any.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I've been hearing pretty good things about the LG LST-3510A (HDTV ATSC QAM receiver with built in DVD player, DVI, 1080i & 720p for $499).

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
First of all make sure that your displays DVI input has HDCP copy protection or else all you will see is snow when you try to connect the two devices digatally.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

Phillips has a DVD player that now has a HDMI output on it. You wont have to give up a kidney maybe a pint or 2 of blood :D. I just happened upon it while searching for the D1. Here is a link Philips DVD975SA

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
Kevin:

I'm assuming the HDMI output is another term for DVI? I only ask because it doesn't necessarily state 'DVI' anywhere, per se. But then, it does state 720p/1080i output...?

Has anyone else heard anything about this new Philips that Kevin found?

Scott.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

Yes HDMI and DVI are the same connection. Phillips makes 2 DVI DVD players. 1 of which includes DVD recording for 999.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks