What's new

Brady Bunch Season 2 on DVD coming in June! (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
TV Tome is reporting that Brady Bunch Season Two is coming this June. They also have dates for Season's 3 (Aug) & 4 (Nov) before the end of 2005.

Does anyone have any information on specs or cover art and or extras or a release date for June 2005?

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
TVTome is one of the most unreliable sources for news you'll find online. IMDB might be a close second.

In other words, I'd just wait for the official info to come out on the DVD news sites. If the second season really is due in June, info will be out very shortly.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I've heard from another site that the plan is to release season sets a few months at a time. For me, the show didn't really become the classic Brady Bunch everyone remembers until the third season ('71-'72), that's when the Carol Brady shag came into being, along with those funky 70s fashions everyone associates with the show. Also, Barry Williams' hair gets longer, and the show no longer is as sickenly sweet as it was in the first season.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Although TVTome is unreliable, I believe TVShowsonDVD.com reported the same thing.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well the rumors (which of course can still be wrong or subject to change) from some of the more reliable sites are:

Season 2 - May
Season 3 - August
Season 4 - November

Then again, these rumors are from a while back, and I wouldn't be surprised to see season 2 pushed back to June. But it's pretty clear the intent is to get a lot of the show out this year.

Claude North

Second Unit
Just picked up the first season and I am really enjoying it, although I don't feel that the first season was its strongest. I'm glad that Paramount is releasing all five seasons fairly quickly. I'm sure they realize that the later years are generally more popular and that sales will probably be stronger for each subsequent release.

Nice to see that they included the "The Brady Bunch In Color" opening still and the original Paramount logo on each episode.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
It would be great if Paramount put out a definite date for Season 2. May or June would be just fine with me...

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Jim, we enjoyed watching Season One so much that we had a marathon over the weekend and finished the complete season set. So naturally we are ready for Season Two.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the color is just so bright and vivid. The sound is great. I love the little musical interludes between scenes. As a boy watching this show you didn't realize just how well made it was. As an adult you can appreciate all the little things that made this show a classic and then some.

:D

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

They took the dates as fact, and are now spreading the information around as fact, when it's anything but.

Gord

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Gord,
Thanks for the clarification about the source of the information. I think many of us are hoping that the tentative/rumored/unofficial June timeframe for season 2 becomes a reality. I've got to believe that if it is June we would be getting something official from Paramount in the very near future. We know that you and your website will be on top of this. Here's hoping we get more cast commentaries/retrospectives/interviews, etc. than we got for season 1. By the way, any idea how season 1 sold?

Tony Scello

Second Unit
TheDigitalBits.com reported Friday, 3/18 on their website "Paramount has informed us that their June DVD slate will include...The Brady Bunch:The Complete Second Season..." Is this set back to being a June release or did The Bits get old/inaccurate information with the actual release being July 12th?:confused: Just curious.

John Guer

Auditioning
Actually the Brady Bunch series ended after the first season for me because that is when their dog Tiger got hit and killed by a car in real life and he was never in any more episodes.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing Tiger in the show after the first season where he is featured in a number of episodes/storylines. I can't believe the dog counldn't be re-cast (if indeed, he was killed in real life) or maybe the dog went the way of Chuck Cunningham on Happy Days(they decided they just didn't need the character anymore)? I hope there is an in-depth documentary on the disappearence of Tiger and his contribution to the world of entertainment on one of the upcoming season sets;)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
When they tried to re-cast the suddenly dead original Tiger overnight, they wound up with a look-alike dog that would not stay still. Apparently in one scene (don't remember which episode), this resulted in the dog having to be nailed to the floor. Not as bad as it sounds ... they put something on the dog and nailed that to the floor. :)

At any rate, I take season 1 to the clinic where I work for lunch and everyone sits around the laptop and has a good laugh while they eat. Problem is, I've already watched this set a good 3 times over. Need season 2 now!!

I'll bet a delay might be due to higher sales than expected, and consequently, Paramount putting more $ and effort into extras.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned this in another thread. In the episode "The Hero" after the wall has fallen, there is a sign behind Tina that is blurred out. I can't make out if it says Barbie or Driscoll's. Could this have been something done before the show aired?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sherwood Schwartz explains why Fluffy never made it past the pilot in his commentary.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Amazon.com (and DeepDiscountDVD) now have the Brady Bunch: The Complete Second Season available for pre-order with a release date of *July 26, 2005*. It looks like the release got pushed back another couple weeks in July. Better late than never :)

P.S. - Any way to reflect the July date in the thread title?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks