What's new

'Boys beat on the Whiners & other misc. NFL events (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
It was quite satisfying to hear my 'Boys beat the Whiners today and potentially made their playoff run more difficult. My only wish was that I could have watched the game.

In other games....

Did anyone see the Falcons v Dolphins game and another blown review by the refs? As an impartial viewer, I thought there was clear video proof that the Falcons scored the tying TD. Michael Vick once again showed flashes of brilliance.

The Bengals?! beat the Steelers! Wish I had seen that game also. I can't wait to get my new house, RPTV, satellite, and NFL ticket next season. Despite my issues with the refs, I love this game!

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
My question is how many games does Trent Dilfer have to win before he gets some freakin credit. Out of his last 20 starts he's won 19!!!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
heh

Dilfer will never get the recognition, nor will he ever gain the chance to win the recognition that he deserves.

How bout those giants giving a scare to my eagles today. man i almost soiled myself i was so scared.

I let my female friend who has no clue about football make my pigskin pics this week, she did way better than i woulda i can tell you that much.

Dave Reichert

Stunt Coordinator
This was rival week for me, my two teams played their biggest rivals. Denver vs. Oakland and Minnesota vs. Green Bay. I honestly expected both the Broncos and the Vikes to lose as they have been IMO the two biggest disappointments this season. But the Broncos pulled it off, and the Vikes showed signs of playing good, but as usual couldn't pull it off.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
what about the hit from the free safety for Arizona?(Tillman?)

Reminded me of chuck cecil/atwater..

scariii...

TV

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
alright i watch berman every sunday night for the recap and he always says NFC Norris and I never freakin' understand why. am i dense?

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of blown calls by the refs, and the Packers/Vikes game, did you see the clear fumble in the first half that was blown dead by the refs as, I believe, down by contact? VERY clearly a fumble by the Vikes, and very much blown by the refs. Forget fan rivalries, does anyone think these refs are doing a good job this year? I mean, if they're going to get the big raise, I think they should be held to account for their mistakes, and if they fall below a certain level performance wise should lose thier jobs. Heck, I could do better, as long as you let me ref all the Packer games I mean. :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Mark,
Berman says NFC NORSE, not Norris. Norse because they all play in frigid desolation or something like that. Besides, it has the Vikings in it, so Norse just seems to fit. Norse = Nordic = Vikings, Valhalla, Thor, all that mess:D
Take care,
Chuck

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
The ref job for the Raiders v Broncos hit a new low. The tripping call on F. Middleton that erased the Jerry Rice go-ahead TD was horrific. Also, during the final drive, the Raiders kept having false starts that weren't called either. Pathetic. I agree that if you blow so many calls, you should be fired. Will not happen unfortunately.

RicP

Screenwriter
Berman says NFC NORSE, not Norris. Norse because they all play in frigid desolation or something like that. Besides, it has the Vikings in it, so Norse just seems to fit. Norse = Nordic = Vikings, Valhalla, Thor, all that mess
Sorry but you're 100% incorrect. (interesting interpretation though)
Berman calls the division the NFC Norris as an homage to the old NHL Division that had teams from exactly the same 3 cities (Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota). The NHL Norris division was usually considered the most median divison with no real standout teams, and for a while the NFL version was exactly the same.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
the Vikes showed signs of playing good, but as usual couldn't pull it off.
They would have won that game IF Culpepper could have played. They outdid the Pack hands down, Wynn just does not have the experience to pick apart the defense. I am glad they Pack won tho.

~Kurt

Nick_G

Stunt Coordinator
quote:
"It was quite satisfying to hear my 'Boys beat the Whiners today and potentially made their playoff run more difficult. My only wish was that I could have watched the game."
yes it was quite satisfying!!!
:D
especially when they were awarded the TD that Carter got at the goal line. it was nice to see the 'Boys actually get a call by the refs for a change (even if he didn't get in). the Cowboys always seem to NOT get the calls when they play the Whiners so it was worth it. here's to building for the future again. (remember 1-15 in '89?? then a few years later it was 3 SB's in 4 years). now if Jerry Jones would only let someone who knows how to draft actually do the drafting, they might put together another quality team in a year or two.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I honestly expected both the Broncos and the Vikes to lose as they have been IMO the two biggest disappointments this season
I honestly think the Broncos have done pretty well considering the unbelievable number of injuries. They have been using second and third stringers in most positions and have even activated several players from the practice squad. The fact that the Raiders could't beat them this late in the season with half the team gone doesn't look good for them. i suspect the playoffs will be one round and out for the Raiders.

GuyC

Auditioning
At least the 49ers will be participating in the playoffs while Dallas has been reduced to spectator status.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
So where are the 49ers now? Spectators! I believe the difference was Favre + homefield advantage. Take a seat and watch the playoffs with the other teams.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I think somebody has some Niner envy. I'll say it again: At least the 49ers made it to the playoffs. While also winning seven more games this season. It's a sad time for Cowboys fans. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks