What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bought new Paradigm Esprits, 1 speaker is much louder than the other. (1 Viewer)

Brian Olsen

Agent
Is this normal?
My old Klipschs (sp?) didn't have this problem.

I have the esprits mated to a Denon 2803. To make the channels even, I have the (R) channel (where the quiet speaker is) set to +7db.

In my troubleshooting, I swaped channels on the reciever and the original right speaker (now on the left channel) is still much more quiet, which tells me that it's the speaker not the receiver. I guess it could be the wire (I'm using Monster Cable (thicker stuff)) but it's brand new and seems like good stuff.

One thing I did notice is that there is a broken peg on the grille. (Maybe damaged during shipment?)

Any help would be great!

Oh one other thing, what's with the "feet" on these things! They are like spears!!!

Edit: When I do the test tone, the tone is noticably lower on the quiet speaker than the louder speaker.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Olsen

Agent
After searching some more, I'm going to try to physically swap the speakers tonight. Many other posts think that it may just be the room.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like faulty speakers. Take them back to the dealer and ask them to check them out. If so, they should be right quick in replacing or fixing them. Something is very wrong, and if there is no problem with other speakers, and the problem follows one speaker if you move things around, something is most definitely wrong. Take em back and ask for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks