What's new

Bottom Fishing... (1 Viewer)

billybob_jcv

Stunt Coordinator
Well, since SWMBO is already not happy about what I have spent on the HT - my dreams of a big SVS or Hsu sub are going to have to remain just dreams...

My desire is to have a sub that can give me some output in the 25 - 30 Hz range for the least amount of money. So, I have been looking at the following options:

- Acoustech H-100 (specs to 25 Hz) ~$280 shipped
- Refurb Velodyne DLS-3750R (specs to 28 Hz) ~$280 shipped
- 2 x Dayton 10" (specs to 25 Hz) ~$305 shipped
- Hsu STF-1 (specs to 32 Hz) ~$337 shipped & CA tax

What would you do?

Alan M

Second Unit
I have heard good things about the Acoustech H-100.Someone posted a graph response for this sub at avs forum showing decent output below the 25 hz mark.;)

billybob_jcv

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not real handy with tools - I know I *could* do it - but, I think I would get into even MORE WAF trouble if I spent another $390 (shipped) for a box full of parts. I'm the kind of guy that spent an entire weekend putting together my bbq grill, only to find out that I was missing a key part. When I called the company to complain, they shipped me the wrong part - twice! Trust me, it's probably best if I just buy preassembled...

I have also read good reviews of the H-100, that's why it's on my list. :) How would one H-100 compare to two Dayton Tiny Mightys? Going for one Dayton now, then adding another later might be the safest WAF...

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Another vote for the H-100. I finally heard one the other day and was quite impressed with this "inexpensive" sub. Since Dr. Hsu had a hand in the design, I really shouldn't be surprised. You really can't go wrong at that price.
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks