What's new

Borders 30% off 1 item through 9/8...and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a social experiment! Kinda like the guy in the most recent Star Wars thread who was watching all six films with someone who had never seen them before--but was watching them in numerical order (rather than the chronological order in which they were made).

It'll probably be a while before I get to read Book #7 (not as long as you, though, Ric!). I wonder if I'll even be able to avoid the big spoilers. Have you seen ALL the movies..or just Phoenix?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Seen 'em all. Which made me think I could just read books 6 and 7. But as much as the first book (almost finished) is very close to the movie, I imagine as those latter books start getting alot thicker, plenty of stuff wouldn't have made it into the movies.

Plus as I said, a friend recommended I read them all. Of course, she is a voracious reader and can get through books about 4 times as fast as I can!

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Just received email for 30%
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/cou...rds300627c.htm

Corey

Screenwriter
i work here so these coupons are useless when it comes to saving on dvds. we only get 20% off and even with 30% off, I'll still save more on an e-tailer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well obvioulsy someone gets something out of these coupons or no one would post them.

too bad if they dont work for you.

btw that comment you edited out was uncalled for and childish.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

I recently got 1776 at Borders using a 30% coupon and paid $18.85 w/tax on a sticker price of $24.99. This title can't be found for under $20 at ANY E-TAILER including Amazon & Deep Discount.

So it was very USEFULL to me. :D :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, yeah. This thread is nearly a year old now with 7700+ views.

I'd say there have been a number of people who have found these coupons to be usable and appreciated. Joe's story supports what we've heard over-and-over throughout the thread: places like Borders and Barnes & Noble carry a selection of titles that aren't available at most B&M stores...and these coupons often serve to bring their prices within reasonable limits.

That said...HERE is the 20% coupon--now dated 8-13-2007. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:eek: Thanks, Tony! I had checked that coupon a few days ago and it was dead. Maybe Borders is working their "magic" on this coupon now, too!

Corey

Screenwriter
ok egg on my face. what I actually meant to say was that since I work there the coupons are useless for me.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Thanks Mike! Had a 25% coupon on a receipt that I forgot about and let expire :angry:, planned on using it with this month's bonus bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks