What's new

Borders 30% off 1 item through 9/8...and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Jay*W

Second Unit

Thanks, Mike. FYI, the coupon is good for the $14.99 price on the 2-disc version of Transformers.

Jay

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

There's two coupons on that page. One is for 30% off the list price of one item -- the other is for the specific titles. You can't get an additional 30% off of the sale price of Transformers.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been in a Borders in a while. How are their prices on Blu-ray and HD DVD--I'm curious how they compare to prices at, say, Amazon (esp. during the B1G1 sales), as I just bought a Blu-ray player (and already have the HD DVD drive addon for my Xbox 360), so I figure it's time to start expanding my HDM collection? Do they even carry HD DVD and Blu-ray in their stores?

Jay*W

Second Unit

Chad,

I know that -- I was just clarifying that the $14.99 DVD coupon applies to the 2-disc version of Transformers, not just the single-disc version.

Jay

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Other than Best Buy, the Borders in my area easily has the best high def selection of any store around.

Granted, that just means that they have more than the ten or so HD DVDs and Blu Ray discs that Wal Mart and Circuit City have but second place is second place. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places? I'll have to check again next time I'm there.

But I've looked in the past and haven't seen any. Thought it was strange. It seems like book store DVD buyers might be more likely to be an HD crowd.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

They have a few, but they are under lock & key as if they were gold bars.

Its really an inconvienient way to shop. You can't browse or see the prices unless you go find an employee.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
at my local they are right out there with all the other dvd media.

Mike, have you asked at the storeif they have hd media?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
To any members in Westchester County NY or nearby.

Just got an e-mail that the Borders in White Plains, NY at the Westchester Pavilion is closing and everything is 40% off.

Time to turn into vulture mode and circle the HD racks if they have any left or if they had any at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks