What's new

Borders 30% off 1 item through 9/8...and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My two local Borders--within the past month--have DRASTICALLY reduced their CD/music departments. :thumbsdown:

They USED to be the places you knew you could go and find a decent jazz/classical/blues/etc. selection. Not any more.

Very homogenized now. :frowning:

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

You can almost see the collection shrink weekly at mine, now I do most jazz shopping with Amazon :frowning:

Oh well, at least they have a few Criterion DVD's left...

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
That's too bad. A few years ago, I bought my Nephew (who is a jazz musician) some imported jazz CDs there. Border's prices have always been high, but at least they still had a good selection (unlike Best Buy).

Sorry to hear that's not the case anymore.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

You might not have noticed that Border's BOOK department has also shrunk, because they are transitioning to displaying their books cover-out, as their inventories are depleted. They continue to order the best-selling books, but everything else is only being shuffled around from store-to-store, there is no more deep catalog ordering going on due to their lack-of-money.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Borders is really trying to promote their new website at Home - Borders - Books, Music and Movies I got an email promoting the new site with a 30% off coupon when you order online. The coupon code is BCOM2208. It looks like their prices are 10% lower than store prices, and if you order $25 or more the shipping is free.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I love the Border's store, but the whole shopping experience there has gotten ridiculous. The other day, I went armed with my Borders card, the printed coupon, a gift certificate and the parking pass I had to validate. I had 4 items I had to round up to simply go in their store.

After all that, they still didn't have the BluRays I was looking for, and the ones they did have are MSRP.

Maybe they can't be the lowest, but if it they at least had pricing a little lower than MSRP, then people would go there on a regular basis to check stuff out, instead of waiting for a 48-hour window in which to use a coupon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
BC4777

a 40% off online code. recieved for entering the sweepsatkes from their website.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I am not impressed at all with their new website. Prices are much higher than they were when they were associated with Amazon. I used to convert my Discover card dollars into Borders gift cards all the time for use at the old borders.com. That will probably end now since the deals aren't that good anymore.

They really need to lower their online prices if they really want to compete effectively with Amazon.com

Add me to the chorus who has noticed the drastically shrinking CD sections at the B&M stores. I'm old fashioned in that I greatly prefer CDs to mp3
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
and it is sad for me to see the CD die a slow death.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
Has Borders recently stopped sending their discount coupons in their weekly Borders Rewards e-mailings? I haven't had one in mine in about three weeks.

Also, has anyone come across a Borders coupon for this Labor Day weekend?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i still get them every week.
i have stopped getting the text message coupons for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks