What's new

Booted out of my Facebook account and they're not helping! (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Approximately 36 hours ago I was unceremoniously logged out of my Facebook account with a simple "we noticed suspicious activity." I think I know what they considered suspicious activity (nothing bad I promise!), but that's not the point.

I was told to confirm my account by clicking a link and I would be sent a text message. I've tried the friggin' link from my tablet, my phone, and now my computer. It won't send me a code and I have the correct phone number on file with them. It eventually gave me the option of receiving a phone call with a code. I inputted that code only to be told "invalid or expired." I will not let me go any further. I can't get into the Help Center or anything. Friends have looked and it saying my account is unavailable; my middle son thought I'd blocked him! I found an email address, [email protected], and sent a polite message explaining the problem. No resolution.

I know losing Facebook might not be the end of the world, but I've applied for quite a few jobs from the "jobs" section, and if my account is disabled, I'm up Crap Creek if they want to contact me via Messenger. I was smart enough to back up most of my important photos, but there are still memes and other photos I'd like to have access to. I also use Facebook to keep up with family I wouldn't otherwise be able to talk to.

Is there some way of getting ahold of these people to let them know I'm me and no one hacked my account?

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Know virtually nothing about Facebook, but possibly a weekend thing. Surely a weekday contact might be easier -- phone call might be easier than trying to do it by email

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
They don't offer phone support! Grr!!! I'll try emailing them again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks