What's new

Bookshelfs under $1000. Best bang for the buck? (1 Viewer)

Dean.M

Auditioning
Flat out, what are the best relatively compact bookshelf speakers for under 1k. Preferably wall-mountable ( or is that faux-pas?).

I would most likely be running these speakers on a Denon AVR-3506 and I am looking to spend between 500-1k. I would like a versatile speaker that is good with various sources ( movies, music, games etc).

Thanks in advance.

Dean

Tario

Auditioning
Well I picked up the Klipsch RB-10's and they are outstanding...super sound and very crisp...ideal for the small room set up I just finished building.

Canadian they went for $320.00.

Running them with Denon 1506 receiver and they are superb.

Jacob C

Second Unit
Ascend Acoustics are great in that price range. If you want something that looks a little nicer check out the Onix Rocket 250's. Sometimes you can get the Onix Reference 1's for about $1000. There are others that really like Axiom.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
John:

What would you consider GR Research to be? Are they considered 'high end'? Do you feel your 2s would compare favorably with something like a Joseph Audio RM7Si?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

They do compare favorably to the RM7Si, but if I were to upgrade to another speaker, it would probably be those :) For the price difference though, the A/V-2s never fail to impress. IMO, they give me about 90% of what the RM7s are capable of. I really like the RM7s though. They have more bass than the A/V-2s and they have an extremely wide soundstage for their size.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
That's interesting.....I remember you mentioning a while back that you felt the Josephs were a pretty damn good speaker. I'm REALLY wanting to jump into the higher end of things with regard to my speakers. Ultimately the gear too, but I'd like to get the speakers first. Thankfully I've always preferred the sound of a nice monitor (with sub) over that of a floorstander.....assuming the room is not massive. I really think the one thing that could take me away from Maggies would be that kind of set-up. I'd love to listen to the Josephs, but no dealers near me.....Going to listen to some Von Schweikerts this weekend ,though....Anyway, I won't keep hijacking the thread here, lol....Thanks for the feedback, John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks