What's new

BOOGIE NIGHTS - worth the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Mathias Klemme

Stunt Coordinator
I have the original Platinum Series Boogie Nights DVD and I was wondering if it's really worth to get the re-release. Does the film look and sound so much better?
Mathias

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
It does look quite a bit better and sounds better too, however the original release wasnt terrible. If you are a big fan of this movie or do not already own it, then by all means, get the 2 disc version, but if youre only a mild fan of the movie, the 1 disc version will suit your needs.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree with the above posts. I think the new one adds another commentary (correct me if I'm wrong)...but besides that the only selling point is the fact that it is damn fine looking. Oh, and also that new deleted scene is really kewl.
------------------
Latest Additions: Wayne's World: The Complete Epic, Die Hard Collection
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi...At last, we will have revenge."
3 more months...

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Hey, another major selling point for an upgrade:
The deleted scenes and music video are anamorphic on the 2-disc version, but not the single disc one.
= Derek =
------------------

L. W. Cobb

Agent
Jeez, this friggin' set has had me up late for about 6 nights! I have the re-release, and I can vouch for the improved image quality. The commentary tracks are what have been making me play this disc again and again. P. T. Anderson's solo commentary is very insightful and enjoyable, and the other track of him discussing the film with the the principal actors is even more so!
Of course, this would be all for naught if this wasn't a good film. I believe it to be a great film, and I give this DVD set my highest reccomendation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks