What's new

Bonnie Raitt 'Nick of Time ? (1 Viewer)

Manus

Second Unit
Anyone got any details of Bonnie Raitt's upcoming Dvd-A ' Nick of Time'? Or arethere any reviews out there yet ? CD Universe has it listed for 24th August but have no details.

Manus

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Is it a DVD-A or SA-CD release? Seems like I got that album about 10 years ago... It's one of my favs from her lengthy catalog.

Manus

Second Unit
It's a Dvd-A. It's been put back several times over the last year ( similar to Jackson Browne). It's listed here :

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...cart=200749468

at Cduniverse.com but no details are given. It's the frustrating thing about the new multichannel formats that information is so hard to come by.

This was a great , smooth-sounding cd so I'm expecting it to transfer well to surround but it would be nice to see a review in advance anyway !

Manus

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't aware that the release date was so soon. That's great. I have several hi-rez discs on order with the August 24th release date (Best of Sugarhill Gang, Allman Brothers at Fillmore, and several Kinks SACD's) I'll gladly add Nick Of Time to the order. My experience is that well-recorded CD's make the best hi-rez conversions (other than direct DSD, etc.). I'm sure this one will be no different. Even if they don't hit the August 24th target date, it's still great news. It seems like record companies want to keep their SACD and DVDA release schedules a family secret...I don't get it. Marketing is a huge element of success in any business.

Manus

Second Unit
Dvdpacific.com have a helpful way to check their stock under the 'Audio' tab. You can browse by genre, Dvd-A ,SACD or record company. But even they have no details on some discs :frowning:

I hope record companies aren't paying too much attention to statistics because they couldn't possibly be accurate without the discs being publicised.

Manus

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Hopefully this will finally street. This title has been delayed so many damned times. My Crowded House DVD-A has Nick listed as "Coming Soon." I bought that disc in 2002. Also listed are Surf's Up and Dreamboat Annie, neither of which ever has been released.

Par for several of the holes on the hi rez course, yes Rachael? :)

-p

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Si senor Paul! I'm stille wonderin' if King Crimson on SA-CD will miraculously appear too? Hi-rez has so many MIA's!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks