What's new

"Board Games" (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Just an FYI Dave, for anything of "significant" rarity or value, you are better off trying Ebay than your local shop.

Especially for old/rare Magic cards, you wouldn't believe what some Android's Dungeon types will fork out online...

DaveMcS

Second Unit

Thanks...I'm normally a buyer on eBay..but I'll scope out the MTG sales section and see what's going on..It may be worth my while to spend some time setting up sales to make a decent return on my "investment"

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Games I remember playing are:

Go For Broke

Sorry

Monopoly

Ghost House (or maybe it was called Ghost Castle)

Snap

Pit

Memory

Trivial Pursuit

Hogwash

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

Clue

Trapped

Spy

Gold Diggers

tons of cards games:

Spoons

Slap Jacks

Hearts

Zigzag

Territories

Black Jack

Old Maid

Go Fish

Crazy Eights

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Lots of great games, but one thing this all reminds me of is playing DOUBLE STRATEGO. Certainly others must have done this since it was pretty common when I was a kid.

You'd just get 2 Stratego boards, push them together, and use all the pieces from both sets. So you'd have twice the number of pieces to use, including 2 Spies. There was no "1 per board" restriction or anything. It just worked like a double-wide board with a lot more pieces.

Other faves - Monopoly, Risk, Life, Rack-O, Yahtzee, Clue. As a kid I loved Don't Break the Ice, Antz in the Pantz, and Mousetrap, though we rarely played that one correctly.

I think I remember Gold Diggers. Didn't you get a metal dectector that worked with a magnet and you'd hide magnet gold in the board or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks