What's new

bmwfilms.com dvd for free! (1 Viewer)

DavidPitkin

Auditioning
Hi,
About a month ago I emailed the site representive from the help section of bmwfilms.com about the dvd that they promised. They promptly responded by asking me my mailing address and 4 weeks later a bmwfilms.com package showed up in my mail.
Its free, its a bunch of commercials for BMW's! I feel very badly for the people who paid 100 bucks on ebay!!!
The picture quality is okay for a non-anamorphic dvd and the features on the DVD are very fun.
--
David

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
You can also walk into any BMW dealer and ask for one. They have boxes of them.
I had to laugh when I saw people paying outrageous prices for "The Hire" DVD on eBay. I mean, when it comes right down to it, they're *advertisements*. Do you really think BMW would make them to be hard to get?
laugh.gif

[Edited last by Jamie E on October 26, 2001 at 12:44 PM]

ed manning

Auditioning
Yes, there are the following 5 short films on the dvd
Ambush - John Frankenheimer
Chosen - Ang Lee
The Follow - Wong Kar-Wai
Star - Guy Ritchie
Powder Keg - Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
I got my copy at the U.S. Grand Prix at the
Williams BMW Team tent.

Jaime is right. I just called my "BMW Center" and they said they'd be happy to give me one. They were really nice and the manager of the dealership was enthusiastic about the DVD. It is a pretty nice DVD, plus you can't be it being free.

I just got back from the local BMW dealer where I picked up a copy. This is a really fine disc! I though it would just be the five short films but the features on the jewelcase list extended cuts, director's commentaries, DD5.1, making of, storyboards, teasers/trailers! I can't wait to put this into the player. Run out and get this, folks.
------------------

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I saw no mention of the DVD on their website. I did see them trying to peddle the player with "DVD-like" features.
There's a dealership here in town so I'll check them for the disc.
------------------
"What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
Stolen from a BBS in 1985

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
I called my local dealers, and it seems they don't actually have any DVDs on hand. You have to get a X5 test-drive invitation from BMW of Canada, go for an X5 test-drive, get the invitation stamped, then mail it back to BMW of Canada, who mails you the DVD 6-8 weeks later. Needless to say, as a proud Lexus owner, I do not have an X5 invitation to get stamped. Thus, I need some friendly Yankee to grab the DVD for me!
If anyone could score for me an extra copy of the DVD from their local dealership, I would happily give them a little honorarium in exchange.
------------------
My oh so exciting DVD collection.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone made a keepcase cover for this yet? I know not many people have it, but I figured it was worth a shot. I'd prefer to put it in a keepcase instead of leaving it in the jewel case. So if someone creates a case and could post some scans, that would be terrific!

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Guys, you can get this DVD by calling 1-800-334-4BMW & asking for the "promotional DVD". You answer a few questions on your car buying preferences & they'll mail you the DVD for free.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads up, Brajesh. Just called them and it was pretty painless. CSR said I should receive it in about a week.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
They even send them to Canada!
BTW - I wasn't asked any questions about cars, just my name and address.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a small sample of a custom keepcase cover I made:
thehire-small.jpg

You can get the hi-res version from here: http://www.geocities.com/lane_ferguson/thehire.jpg (Right click and select "Save Target As")
EDIT: Unfortunatly my free geocities account doesnt have enough bandwidth for people to download the cover. If anyone would be willing to put it on a cover site or something similar, please email me and I will send it to you to host.
Thanks!
[Edited last by Lane F. on October 29, 2001 at 09:47 PM]

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just called the toll-free #. . .all they asked was where I heard about the phone number, and my address! Then they told me my closest dealer and said I'd get the disc (he referred to it as "the information" :) ) in about a week.
Thanks for the tip!

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I would be redundant today -- I just called the number and had the same, no hassle, experience...
Joel

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I had to pretend that I was in the market for a car... but after that, no hassles. The worst part was when he asked "What kind of a vehicle do you drive now, sir?" I was like "Uhm... a 1988 Chevy Caprice Stationwagon. That's why I'm looking at BMW's."
laugh.gif

James M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey gord. did you call the number mentioned? and they said they'd send to Canada? when I called and mentioned I was from Canada, they just redirected me to a Canadian number who didnt know much about the promotional dvd.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
James,
The guy I spoke to said he had to send it to their head office and they'd send it out. He said it'd take 2 weeks instead of 1. I'd expect it in a month given the border problems these days.
Just keep calling until you get someone who will take the order :)
Gord

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
The US number referred me to a Canadian number which then referred me to their Canadian corporate headquarters at 1-905-667-6679. I'll be trying them tomorrow morning.
This is annoying. Americans can get the disc with no hassle and a simple survey while Canadians have to play phone tag just to get some kind of a response. BMW Canada is in the business of selling cars, aren't they? So why the huge hassle over a simple promotional item?
confused.gif

------------------
The Milnoc
News, Views, DVD Reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks