What's new

bmwfilms.com dvd for free! (1 Viewer)

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
I was just about to comment on that $28 shipping. But why pay even $1 for the DVD? Call the number, get it free, and get a jewel case... jewel cases are less than $1 now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
quote: Watch out for the $1 auctions for this DVD--they want at least $28 for shipping and handling! What a scam.[/quote]
Wow! I didn't notice that!
I must be slippin'...I shoulda known that the hustle was in there somewhere!
laugh.gif

Now I see that the same guy had a BIN! for the same item for $29 and cheap shipping (heh...I said "cheap"...$6.95!!). He simply reversed it for the other 4 auctions.
What a fucking evil genius! Maybe I should report him to eBay's safe harbor.
By all means, use the 800#. Or, like me, just politely ask at your local dealer.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
[Edited last by David Lambert on November 02, 2001 at 05:06 AM]

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Just got off the phone with the other dealer in the area-- they also know nothing about the DVD. Haven't got them, haven't been told about them, don't know if any are coming or when.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads-up gang! I just called the 800 number and my disc is on the way. Took less than 5 minutes. I couldn't contain my laughter when they asked what kind of car I drive and I answered, truthfully, "A 1989 Chevy Celebrity." So yeah, as a college student a BMW is right up my alley.
Jason

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered mine. Just asked me for my name and address. The operator said it should be mailed in a week.
Jeff_P

Kelly W

Second Unit
Has anybody (who ordered via the 800 number) received this DVD yet?
Just wondering...
Thanks!!!
-Kelly

Hey,
I live in Australia, and I am a BMW Owner.
biggrin.gif

I wnet to BMW Melbourne, where I get my car serviced all the time and asked about the DVD.
They said that it is available to download from the internet !
they had not heard of any DVD, nor any DVD for free !
Do I have to buy another BMW US$35000 just to get a DVD?
Anybody in a similar situation.
In fact my last BMW Repair bill was over US$3000
furious.gif

that should get me a free DVD
tongue.gif

Scott H

Supporting Actor
People who called and requested DVDs are reporting only receiving brochures, no DVDs. Has anyone received a DVD from BMW, having called?
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine a week and a half ago through the phone number, and it still has not come (the operator said it would be shipped within a week). I have received nothing from BMW.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I haven't received mine yet either, but I just figured that it is probably being irradiated in some processing plant, as my mail goes through the infamous Brentwood facility...

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Called for mine on Oct. 30th, and received the following letter today:
---
Dear Mr. Gilbert,
Thank you for expressing your interest in The Hire Film Series by BMW.
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to send you a copy of the DVD version of the films. At this time, they are not available to the Canadian market. They will become available later this year and will be offered to BMW Owners through the launch of a BMW Owners' website. In addition, they will be part of other BMW Canada marketing promotions in 2002 for potential BMW buyers.
Please be advised that we have kept your name and address in our database for future mailing.
Sincerely,
xxxxx xxxxxxx
Aftersales Service
------
Great, now not only do I NOT get a DVD, but it looks I got hosed into receiving their junk mail too. I could handle the junk mail, if I at least got the DVD for my troubles.
Anyone else run into a similar problem?
------------------
My DVD Collection
[Edited last by Dave Gilbert on November 13, 2001 at 09:03 PM]

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I got the same message.
A very sad Gord
------------------
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=8

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Rats, I got the same "we don't send 'em to Canada" letter today.
Is there anyone in the USA who could please pick me up and extra copy from their dealer? I'd be happy to pay for shipping, etc.
Thanks,
~Bob

Dave P

Auditioning
I got mine in the mail yesterday.
One DVD--All of the BMW movies. Haven't checked it out, yet.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Just got the dvd in the mail...took about 2 weeks since my call. Disc came in a cd-jewel type case. Nicely shipped in bubblewrap packaging. Contains all movies, including The Follow. Features, listed on back, as follows:
- Extended Directors' Versions
- DD 5.1 Audio
- Widescreen Presentation
- Directors' Commentaries
- Biographies
- BMW Vehicle Gallery
- Film Teasers/Trailers
- Making of the Films
- Photo Gallery
- Film Story Boards
"It surely deserves the attention of discerning movie watchers." Richard Corliss, TIME
Not bad for a free disc. And people were paying how much on eBay?!!!
Finally, inside the disc is an entry form for a trivia contest based on the films. Winner gets a '02 Z3 roadster. BMW REALLY wants you to scrutinze the films.
Lastly,...will now expunge the BMW player and downloaded films from my harddrive.
Edit: Again, thanks Brajesh. Just checked eBay...you saved me about 40-50 bucks.
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
[Edited last by Peter Kim on November 16, 2001 at 11:08 AM]

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
It has been two weeks since my call and still no DVD. I did get a letter from my local dealer expressing their happiness at my interest in BMWs.
furious.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks