What's new

Bluetooth compatible keyboard (1 Viewer)

nounours18200

Auditioning
Real Name
CEMOI
Hello,

In my homecinema room, I have a Sony XR-83A90J Google TV, and I am looking for a compatible Bluetooth keyboard with a built-in mouse.

I would like to know if I have to buy a Bluetooth keyboard without any USB dongle (like this one: ), or if a Bluetooth keyboard with a USB dongle will be recognized (such as this one: );

It seems that nobody has a clear answer to this question, and the Sony documentation is not clear regarding the question of the USB dongle...

Thank you,

nounours18200

Auditioning
Real Name
CEMOI
I have this one - works great. Wireless by not bluetooth.
Great, so I suppose that you have inserted the USB dongle in a TV USB port ?
What is the brand/model of you TV ? (is it a Google TV ?)
Thank you very much

Doug2000

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Great, so I suppose that you have inserted the USB dongle in a TV USB port ?
What is the brand/model of you TV ? (is it a Google TV ?)
Thank you very much
Sorry for the delayed response - I've been traveling.

My dongle based keyboard/mouse works fine with my LG TV (with the LG operating system). I have the LG G2 83" OLED. (Yes - connected into the USB port on the TV)

Just to see, I tried it on my Samsung tv and only the mouse part worked.

I'd suggest you grab a spare wired USB keyboard and mouse (you may have around the house) and test these with your tv. If they work plugged into your TV's USB port then it seems the dongle based wireless version should work also.

Before purchasing you can also use the wired USB devices to see what you can and cannot do with the mouse/keyboard connected to your TV. Keep in mind, you're probably not going to be able to use them to manipulate externally driven menus. For example, I have a Roku stick in my TV and the USB based keyboard/mouse (connected to the TV) cannot manipulate the Roku menus.

A few years ago I also connected an older Bluetooth Apple Keyboard (Apple magic keyboard version 1 I believe) with my TV (believe it was a Samsung) - worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks