What's new

Blue Underground flicks @ Best Buy? (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Has anyone gotten any of the Blue Underground releases (Toolbox Murders, Shock Waves, The Prowler) at Best Buy? The two in my area have yet to have them.

--Ian

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
To be honest, I'm not all that shocked that Best Buy wouldn't stock the discs of a company who's sole concern is to put out the grungiest, nastiest grindhouse flicks they can. Not that I'm against that sort of thing (bring on Django Kill!), but I think you get my point.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Actually I have been shocked to see some of the titles that BB will carry. I really don't think that they care about content, as long as it can make them money.

More than likely the problems with these selected titles, is that they may be such a little company that BB doesn't carry them...simple as that.

On that same note...was shocked to see this weekend at our Wal-Mart "The Last House on The Left"....of course it is only there until some soccer mom pitches a bitch parade and it gets pulled from everywhere...

(Just for the record, they do have the titles online at BB...so that may be your best bet through them. On catalog titles BB can take their own sweet time getting them in, so if you want them...online it....)

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Blue Underground titles are distributed through Image Entertainment.

Does your Best Buy carry Image titles? Mine usually doesn't...

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Does your Best Buy carry Image titles? Mine usually doesn't...
I have bought many Image titles from them in the past but now that I think of it, there doesn't seem to be many in stock the last few weeks/months. I bought some Bava films as well as the expanded Behind the Planet of the Apes doc. The newest Image title I did get was the Steve-O DVD last week. The Best Buys in my area have progressively gotten worse in terms of selection. There are many empty shelves and their prices have gone up. Maybe they are in trouble again. When Best Buys first started popping up the music selection was tremendous, and cheap, but then they owed so much money to the labels that they were only allowed to carry the hot titles and top catalog. Perhaps that is what is happening with the DVD selection? They use it as a loss leader to get people in the store in hopes they buy a refrigerator or something they can actually make money on. I don't buy those things from them does anyone else? I only buy DVDs then leave. My last DVD player I got from Costco.

--Ian

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
To be honest, I'm not all that shocked that Best Buy wouldn't stock the discs of a company who's sole concern is to put out the grungiest, nastiest grindhouse flicks they can. Not that I'm against that sort of thing (bring on Django Kill!), but I think you get my point.
Well, Shock Waves is rated PG.

I've seen some nasty stuff at Best Buy, so they'll certainly carry these if they have the shelf space. It's up to Image's salespeople to get Best Buy to stock them.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I looked for all three of these classics at Best Buy last Tuesday, but mine didn't have them either. Luckily, Fry's DID have them, and I got all three from there. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks