What's new

Blue ray DVD Menus (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Ok Guys,

What am I missing? Spun my first BD's tonight... I thought BD was supposed to have the live action menus that overlay right onto the Movie while playing?? The menu system on 5th Element, Terminator, and UE work the same as standard dvd... Scene to scene,???

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Those are the single layer discs, I believe the Dual-Layer are the only ones that can to it, and they just started releasing those.

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee
"What am I missing? Spun my first BD's tonight... I thought BD was supposed to have the live action menus that overlay right onto the Movie while playing?? The menu system on 5th Element, Terminator, and UE work the same as standard dvd... Scene to scene,???"

My guess is that you're using the menu button on the remote and not the Pop-Up Menu button. Does your remote have a Pop-Up menu button? Give that a try while the movie is playing and let us know what happens.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think Steve has figured it out now since this thread was started back in June when he had a different BR player besides the Panasonic he's using today.

Crawdaddy

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I was mistaken, I feel like twice the idiot having made an incorrect post and in an old tread, oh well.:)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
I am shocked at how slow the menu work when coming up on the BD java disc's...

LXG is terrible..... Haven't tried any of the other's yet....

Dugger

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Which player do you have? Apparently menu speed depends on how powerful the processors are in your player. I have the Samsung and Panasonic, and the Samsung lags FAR behind the Panasonic in BD-J (The Descent) menu speed, as well as loses the animated flashlight beam effect of the Panny. THe PS3 is the fastest of them all from what I gather.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
What strikes me rather peculiar is how very similar Blu Ray movies are to DVDs versus HD DVDs. When I pop in a BR movie in the PS3, it immediately goes to the Menu just like a DVD. Here I choose my language/sound option and then play the movie. Compare this to an HD DVD movie where it plays the movie and the menu is just the pop up which in my opinion is much better than BDJ pop up menus.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Depends on the disc/studio. Disney BD's go straight to the movie as well and you access the pop-up menu for settings. Watched Scooby-Doo, last night and it was the same thing.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
So far, the FOX titles I have LXG and Devil Wears Prada both go to the menus first....

Prada comes up fast.... LXG menu's come up slow....

When both films are running..... Prada is fine.... LXG is still slow like it is choking on lack of memory.....

From what I assume is LXG is a BD-J and Prada is not that extensive.

Dugger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks