What's new

Blu-ray movies from Twilight Time (SOLD OUT) (1 Viewer)

MovieFan85

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I’ve been wondering if these films on Twilight Time Blu-ray (now sold out) were sourced from 2K and/or 4K restorations. Maybe someone can help me here. These are the films:
43927_large.jpg

89952_large.jpg

61740_large.jpg

131486_large.jpg

69545_large.jpg

34540_large.jpg

43862_large.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

MovieFan85

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I've been wondering if these films on Twilight Time Blu-ray (now sold out) were sourced from 2K and/or 4K restorations. Maybe someone can help me here. These are the films:

43927_large.jpg
89952_large.jpg
61740_large.jpg

131486_large.jpg
69545_large.jpg
34540_large.jpg

43862_large.jpg

Why is no one answering this? Not to be rude, but I'm asking for a little help here from anybody.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why is no one answering this? Not to be rude, but I'm asking for a little help here from anybody.
Probably because most of us don't remember as it's been years since most of those Blu-rays came out. Also, quite frankly and TBH, I don't care enough to research it because I'm very happy with six of those seven Blu-rays. One of them I don't own on disc because I didn't care for the movie.

MovieFan85

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Probably because most of us don't remember as it's been years since most of those Blu-rays came out. Also, quite frankly and TBH, I don't care enough to research it because I'm very happy with six of those seven Blu-rays. One of them I don't own on disc because I didn't care for the movie.

I'm asking because there may be a chance that these movies might be released on Blu-ray again (and not through Twilight Time). One of the titles that was reviewed on this site (BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE) was once released on Blu-ray by Twilight in 2012, sold out, and then came back to Blu-ray from Sony last month. I think the Sony release uses the same transfer from the Twilight release.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Should have bought Our Man Flint & In Like Flint before they were sold out. I hope the two movies will get a second chance on Blu-ray.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

I swear you once mentioned you didn't much care for either Born Yesterday or Love Is A Many Splendored Thing. I can't remember which one. Am I wrong?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Should have bought Our Man Flint & In Like Flint before they were sold out. I hope the two movies will get a second chance on Blu-ray.

They've just been released in France, sans the TT extras, but I'm sure the same transfer. I bought Our Man Flint & am happy with it (I have the TT release of In Like Flint). I don't know about regions, the box states region B, but someone over at blu-ray.com said that the company, BQHL Éditions, tend to release multi-region discs, but I don't know about these films.

https://www.amazon.fr/Notre-Homme-F...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G9N0AMQVTZA49SYVMB61

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I neither know nor care. Why should I? It's the picture and sound quality that matters, not whether it's was 2K or 4K.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Yes, you are wrong!

Chris, I can’t comment on the scanning resolution, but your thread has morphed nicely into a playground for a new game: ‘Which of these movies does Crawdaddy hate?’

So if you don’t mind, I’d like to play... but first, l’ll observe that a few of these titles have already been released on Blu in other territories: Picnic (Eureka) and Born Yesterday (Arrow) in the UK, and The Way We Were (mainly Sony) just about everywhere.

Now to the all-important game...

Couldn’t imagine it would be Born Yesterday, as it features Broderick Crawford. It ought to be Picnic (William Holden completely miscast in my view... under Joshua Logan’s direction), but I suspect it is The Way We Were - I just don’t see Crawdaddy as the Streisand type, but then again, what do I know?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Chris, I can’t comment on the scanning resolution, but your thread has morphed nicely into a playground for a new game: ‘Which of these movies does Crawdaddy hate?
I don't hate movies, I might dislike some movies, but I rarely use the word "hate" towards any movie. As for the movie in question, it just doesn't have any re-watch value to me except for a few scenes.

Now to the all-important game...

Couldn’t imagine it would be Born Yesterday, as it features Broderick Crawford. It ought to be Picnic (William Holden completely miscast in my view... under Joshua Logan’s direction), but I suspect it is The Way We Were - I just don’t see Crawdaddy as the Streisand type, but then again, what do I know?

You don't know much about me because I always had a thing about Streisand and the "The Way We Were" holds a special place in my heart due to sentimental reasons from my youth. However, I do think William Holden was miscast in "Picnic" as he was just too old for the role, but the movie did have Kim Novak so I always was fond enough of the movie to own it in various video formats.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'll take a shot -- I SPY that Robert isn't a big fan of Giallo style movies as in much of Classic Arrow Video type releases (Maniac, Toolbox Murders, Driller Killer, Herschell Gordon Lewis style).

Probably not useful in the TT thread, but I'll take a gamble on an outside style

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I have two of those you mention. CAT BALLOU, and PICNIC. Both look very good , but to my eyes neither looks like 4k restorations . But , I'm not an expert on this subject .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks