What's new

BLOOD BEACH (1981): Director, Jeffrey Bloom Speaks (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Been conversing with the director of BLOOD BEACH via email and he would love to find out who owns the movie, and/or who owns the negative, for he;d love to remaster it and release it on DVD. So, even though we fans still have a while to wait for any kind of DVD release, here's some additional news to keep the movie alive.

He tells me he's working on a website dedicated to the film and he has THE BIG RED BOOK to sell, if you ever wanted a copy of the movie's shooting script. Here's what he told me in his latest email concerning this:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"One thing we're excited about it this: The Big Red Book. It's a thoughtfully constructed, 225 page, spiral bound photocopy of the writer/director's script, the script I had with me every day for months, and took with me to the set each day. It includes my scribbled notes and diagrams, and it shows where I added, changed, or deleted lines of dialogue. Significantly, if you’re familiar with the movie, you’ll appreciate how faithful it is to the finished film - something pretty unusual in Hollywood.

Also in The Big Red Book:

The director’s list of optical effects

The continuity estimate of scene timing

The complete, 31 page shooting schedule

All Daily Production Reports

All Call Sheets

25 pages of press clippings, reviews, box office results, and more

The Big Red Book can be autographed by me, if requested, and can include the buyer's name. All that for $50.00 (U.S.) plus about 10 dollars for packaging and shipping. It's a very cool item and I think lots of film students and fans of the movie will want a copy."

Jeffrey Bloom: [email protected]

[SIZE= 12px]___________________________________________________________________________________________________________[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]There's a German DVD that's just been released, but it's full frame, for anyone who's interested. [/SIZE]

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
I'd love to have this on DVD, sure it;s a bit of a B movie but it;s really quite effective in parts. I saw it on TV once many years ago but it has disappeared since

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks