What's new

Blade Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Although nothing has been confirmed by a studio, DavisDVD's release calendar is showing a "Blade Trilogy" slated for April 26th along with "Blade: Trinity (Un-rated edition)" the same day. I knew if I waited long enough my wish would come true. Hope this happens. ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Good question. Have not been able to find out any more info about this set. I wrote to New Line about the set so I'll have to wait to see if they get back to me.

Rob T

Screenwriter
From the packaging, it looks like they're just being repackaged.
Hopefully there will be a box offer like there was for LOTR.

I remember Goyer was talking about doing whole new DVDs for the first 2 with commentaries from all 3 directors on all of them and such stuff. I wonder whatever happened to that idea.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Considering it shows the coverart of the 2 currently available editions plus the same one we're seeing for the upcoming Trinity, this almost certainly has to be a repackaging. Either way, I hope they offer a way to get the outer box like they did with the LOTR extended releases.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
So, it will contain:

Original Release of Blade (1 Disc)
2nd Release of Blade II (1 Disc) (not the 2-Disc)
Original Release of Blade: Trinity (2-Disc)

I really like the box set idea, and the red casing looks really neat, but if there is no exclusive bonus features, or even features originally released, then I will not be getting it. :frowning:

Ryan

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well fortunately, I haven't purchased either of the Blade films yet, so this box set will be a welcome addition to my collection. I've yet to see 'Trinity', but I definitely love the first two films, especially the first. Can't wait to get this.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell

That picture is of an R3 set featuring only the first 2 films. That isn't the content of the forthcoming 3-movie set.

DJ

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

The R1 box looks like it includes the 2 disc set. I believe the cover of the 1 disc version showed the same picture of Blade but only from the waist up.

I like the box but I already own the first two films so it looks like I'm out of luck. Its also too bad they're not revisiting Blade 1 and adding DTS and other goodies. Ah well.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
DVDSoon.com has this listed as a 5 disc set, so it's probably the 2 disc version of "Blade 2"

Also, Blade 3 is the "unrated cut".

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
According to the ad I saw in the 'tribute' magazine at the local movie theatre, it is the 1 disc (1), 2 disc (2), and 2 disc unrated (3).

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Being a comic geek, Bob I can tell you with 90% certainty the comic is going be bad. All blade comics in the last ten years have been mediocre at best, the latest try was "Tomb of Dracula" which was decent but we'll see it could be good. Anyway I hope the unrated blade 3 adds something more to the movie because the theatrical cut was pretty weak, I'm simply buying this to complete the trilogy and I thought most of the action scene were pretty awesome :up: especially the Draco/Blade fight. It would be cool is if they included a bonus disc on the trilogy package that included the a digital copy of "Essential Tomb of Dracula" which is like I believe first 30-40 issues of the comic that Blade originally starred in but in black and white.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
That is a good question. I know that WalMart is advertising it on their website and so is Best Buy.
FYI: WalMart has the cheapest price for this set. $45.88 as oppossed to $51.99 at Best Buy. All the info I've seen for the "Blade:Trinity" DVD through varies sites and flyers says it comes with the comic book. No listings on DVDPricesearch.com for the box set though which seems strange.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Has the first Blade been rereleased with a normal case? Is that what's in this set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks