What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The long-awaited sequel Blade Runner 2049 arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray in a stunning transfer featuring an immersive audio-visual experience and furthering the epic story of the replicants.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I had heard mixed reviews, so I just rented on Vudu. It was a lot better than I thought it was. After seeing Todd's comments about the picture I will have to pick it up if its ever on sale.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Definitely excellent looking in 4k. The bluray is no slouch though for those with no plans to upgrade.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Just watched this one (released in the UK yesterday) and it is one of the rare films these days that I saw in the cinema first. There, I found the booming soundtrack far too loud and it spoilt the experience somewhat. Here, on the smaller screen it works absolutely fine and if anything, seemed better paced the second time around! I like the nod to the earlier film in both some of the visuals and in the use of some of Vangelis's music cues. It looks great in 4k and I is one that I will return to I'm sure. A worthy successor indeed.

Peter Yee

Premium
Here, on the smaller screen it works absolutely fine and if anything, seemed better paced the second time around!
I completely agree. Much better the second time around. I got so much more out of it on the second viewing. And the UHD presentation is quite a beauty on my LG OLED.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I got a 4k release of this for christmas from my mom, but the packaging does not anywhere indicate if it also comes with a digital copy and or blu ray. Does it? I don't yet have a 4k player, though I have a 4k TV now (probably why she thought to get the 4k version)

I'd hate to open it and then be unable to exchange it, if there's no digital copy or bluray included!

UPC, 883929571857

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I got a 4k release of this for christmas from my mom, but the packaging does not anywhere indicate if it also comes with a digital copy and or blu ray. Does it? ... UPC, 883929571857

My copy with the same UPC has both a Blu-ray disc and digital codes.

The specs for the blu are on the back of the case in small print, but I don't see mention of the digital codes. Perhaps that omission allows them to use the cover without modification after the codes expire.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
My copy with the same UPC has both a Blu-ray disc and digital codes.

The specs for the blu are on the back of the case in small print, but I don't see mention of the digital codes. Perhaps that omission allows them to use the cover without modification after the codes expire.
Thanks!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I rewatched the 3D version last night for the first time since the disc came out, and I think I liked it even more. This is an exemplary motion picture, gorgeous and haunting visuals, and possibly the best performance of Harrison Ford’s recent spree of iconic character reprisals. Gosling is incredible; the amount of work he does with his eyes alone floors me.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wish it had received an IMAX 3D release on this side of the pond as I think their dual 4K laser system would have handled the imagery beautiful.

I did find my home 3D presentation to be better than the theatrical RealD presentation.

I kinda wanna watch it again already. And I think I like it better than the original.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I can only imagine. I’m only 5.1 capable at home anyway, and that version of the mix is killer.

I feel like this is a movie that I will grow to appreciate more with each passing year. I’ve always admired the original more than I’ve enjoyed it, but for this sequel, I both admire and enjoy it.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I found the 3D of this movie pretty cheap and blind bought it. While the movie may be well produced, I found it dreadfully slow and the basic story, ludicrous. 3D at home was nothing to write home about. I enjoyed the original but this one is unlikely to be seen again by me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks