What's new

Black Hawk Down: Extended Cut (6/6/06) (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
What's with Ridley Scott and all of these extended versions? Does he have the most releases of multiple versions?
Alien
Blade Runner (soon)
Kingdom of Heaven
Blackhawk Down
Legend

any others?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Don't forget Gladiator. :)

Was there an extended version of Thelma & Louise? I don't recall any for The Duellists, G. I. Jane, or White Squall.

There's a new SE in the works for Black Rain. I don't know whether it'll feature an extended cut, but based on Ridley's track record, I'm expecting one. :)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

No kidding. I think we need a complete list of all the various cuts of Riddley Scott's films available on DVD, and, as an extra challenge, the one he considers his preferred cut.

Anyone up to the challenge? :)

Mark_TB

Second Unit
FWIW, Ridley stated in a recent interview that he had NOTHING to do with the new extended cut. (Note that it's not called the "Director's Cut.") So don't blame him. I really don't see any reason to buy this if you already have the 3-disc edition.

Sorry, I don't remember the source of that interview, but if I do I'll update this post.

Mark

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Sony's put out a number of double-dips lately that simply re-cut the deleted scenes back into the film. The Patriot and The Replacement Killers are a couple of examples.

Sten F

Second Unit
Boy, am I sick and tired of all those "Extended" re-releases we´re seeing.

Suddenly, one way or another, everyone seem to have got the "George Lucas" flu.

Suriyothai - presented and edited in the US by Francic Ford Coppola - runs 142 min. The original cut is supposedly longer than 8 hours.

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott
ABSOLUTELY not going to be one of these that double dip on this title, and will definitely keep my Superbit as its one of the most aggressive DTS tracks on the planet....this is getting ridiculous already....there has been a Casulaties of War Extended Cut, The Patriot Extended Cut, Gladiator Extended Cut, Crimson Tide Extended Cut (okay, I double dipped on that!), Gone in Sixty Seconds Directors Cut, Con Air Extended Cut....Jesus Christ....the public is getting raped here folks!

Superbit all the way on this one, as a keeper.

Jace_A

Second Unit

So, if Ridley Scott isn't involved in the re-cutting of his own movie, who is? is Sony that desperate for a few incremental sales that they will bring in any old hack to insert footage into another director's film? I mean you just don't throw the scenes back in any olf place.

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
I can't help but believe the trend is just going to get worse. Triple and quadruple offerings aren't even that uncommon anymore.

Fortunately, and in cases just like the Extended cut of BHD, we're armed with information here. One of many reasons I frequent places like this. It ultimately saves you from making a few financial mistakes.
Although that's usually offset by the tons of DVD's we DO buy as a result of people's impressions on these forums. :laugh:

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

kingdom of heaven was compromised by fox and not mr. scott. kod d.c. is the true version of the movie which should've been released right away. i'm very happy about this extended director's cut :)

legend was butchered for the u.s. release and the international cut was the original intended cut. luckly both version are available on the u.s. on dvd, so you can choose which one you like more. as for me, the international cut is the one to watch and only that one ;)

another possible extended cut in the future ...

1492: conquest of paradise

the film received a pg-13 rating from the mpaa and for that most of the violence was cut out. the internatinational cut which i really like is mr. scott's director's cut with all violence intact. i dunno if there are story and/or charactor scenes are also cut in the u.s. release but who knows.
anyway, when this film finally hits the u.s. dvd market and paramount (distributor in region 1) will release the int. cut, then i have no doubt it will be called extended cut, which is the version to get anyway ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks