What's new

Birds of Prey 01/08/03 - 2 hours tonight (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For the 3 of us still watching this defunct show, there's 2 hours of BoP for us starting at 8 p.m. EST.

I don't know how many more episodes will be shown as Angel will be stepping into the 9 p.m. Wednesday slot next week, so this may be it for BoP.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I'll be able to at least catch the second hour upon getting home from work.
Saw last weeks "Slick" repeat. Ashley Scott in that sauna was one of the series' best moments.;)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am looking forward to this evenings shows, and I still am going to hate to see this show go.

Damn the writers for what they did and damn the WB for not acting sooner than they did to save the show. I know that the cost is on the show without a doubt, yet at the same time "Reba" has maybe 200k more viewers and from what I have seen it isn't that great of a show either. Yet they are willing to pay McEntire a sure fire fortune for a show that isn't pulling in the numbers either.

Oh well...nothing can be done and the cards have been dealt. Why they aren't airing the final two shows before they replace it with "Angel" makes no sense to me. Seems like they would want to clear it out before killing it. Afterall, if no one is watching it now, what makes them think people will watch two showings of it in a month or two...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I got a TiVo for Christmas, and I set up a season pass for this show even though I knew it was cancelled already... I'm looking forward to tonight's episode, I missed the one new episode they've aired recently. :frowning:
/Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The first episode tonight was sort of a waste, but I liked the 2nd episode, even though it served to just promote WB's "High Schooll Reunion", intentional or not. Ashley Scott is awfully cute when she turns on the charm.

Goodbye, BoP!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's what been reported (Angel will have 6 new episodes starting next week), so if another BoP episode shows up, it'll be after those 6 episodes of Angel in that time slot.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Their are 2 more episodes left. Unsure about when they will air.

The first one will be about Batman villian Clayface (or a relative). The other will be a finale episode. Hopefully, Bats will make an appearance.

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
The show's not about him, so a finale should probably not include him
Well they left the batman plot line open for a reason, which I expect to be a future angle of him finally returning, potential father reconciliation with daughter angle, maybe a fighting with a returned joker(or joker equivalent). I think he is part of the backstory and intended future story, but they just never got to it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The following spoilers is from the www.gothamclocktower.com (which along with their Smallville site is a great site for info):
* Something happens that makes the people of New Gotham go nuts and start trashing and destroying things. Dr. Quinzel's office, the Dark Horse, No Man's Land, it sounds like any existing set from the series is going out with a bang.
* That "something" that makes people go nuts is Harley herself. She finds a way to hypnotize people, including Gibson and Helena. Some computer system inside the Clock Tower helps Harley control the city, as she gets into the tower with Helena's help.
* The show ends with Alfred in communication with a certain unseen character with a status report on his daughter.
* Helena and Reese have an intimate encounter.
* Something bad is also set to happen to the Clock Tower.
* At least one recurring character may die in the episode. We'll have to Wade through the list to figure out the names of at least one of them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Why would you want to do that? The show's not about him, so a finale should probably not include him, but focus on the characters who are actually part of the show.
Maybe because they haven't managed to do anything interesting with the characters they DO focus on? So many wasted opportunities...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
By the way, good thing I set up that Tivo season pass, otherwise I would have missed the first hour, since I assumed it started at 8 and went an extra hour after that. yay for Tivo! :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The first episode seemed to be lifted wholesale from Angel's 1st season episode "The Ring" and in the second, I guessed the killer's identity before I even realized they were trying to mislead us. On the bright side, neither episode has Harley. Her characterization has confused and infuriated me. Why would Joker ever work with someone with that personality type? Why would someone with that personality type be so devoted to the Joker? As a matter of fact, basically everyone's motivation is unclear. Alfred I understand, and maybe Reese. Dinah is the worst offender. I blame the writers more than the actors here, but I think there's fault on both sides.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The writing is the major downfall of this show, has been from the start. The "misdirection" in the 2nd episode wasn't all that hard to figure out because it was so cliched.

I will be glad to not see Dinah's scrunched up "fierce" face anymore on a regular basis, it's almost scarier than the guy's reaction after drinking bitter beer in a commercial.

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
Well,

I have to say that I watched every episode that was aired and enjoyed the series. I'm hoping that they'll air the final two episodes sometime in the future, but am not too optimistic in that regard.

The show was not really given a proper chance to show what it could be...but that is the story with a LOT of shows out there.

Oh well, I can always re-watch the shows that did air over if I want to enjoy the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks