What's new

Big SACD sale at sonymusic.com/sacd (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
If you are looking for those single-layer Sony SACDs, this is the time. Normally, sonymusic.com's prices for single disc SACD titles are low compared to, say, Best Buy....$13.98/each with free shipping for orders over $25.00. Now, due to a coupon code stated in a thread at the Steve Hoffman website, you can get Sony SACD titles at $11.88/each.

Coupon code is BUY2SALE

My purchase came to a little over $51.00 for 4 SACDs, including taxes and shipping....

Mary Chapin-Carpenter - time*sex*love
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Billy Joel - 52nd Street
Yo-yo Ma - Silk Road Journeys - When Strangers Meet

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
OK, looks like there're some busted links at www.sonymusic.com/sacd When I first went looking for titles to buy, the soundtracks to "Footloose" and "Top Gun" were what I was looking for (sorry for my Kenny Loggins fetish). No "Buy Me" link for either titles at the above link. But you can apparently get these titles at the sale price by going through the general Sony Music site. Damn!!

Edit: Link fixed.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and to think I've lately loaded up on all the Sony single layers and remaining Dylan titles... aw well, I'm sure there's still something left to buy!

(And the Sony site consistently has some of the best deals going, coupon or no!)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Go to www.sonymusic.com then select "Sony Music Store", follow by "Format", and select "SACD". Try the coupon code of "BUY2SALE"

I think the coupon code works for all titles. I just placed a second order....

Mariah Carey - #1's
Aerosmith - O, YEAH! ULTIMATE AEROSMITH HITS ($16.98 for a 2 SACD set!!)
Michael Jackson - Thriller

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks -- I loaded up on a few more Miles Davis titles, but was very disappointed to find that they weren't carrying "Live-Evil" (which was my most wanted of the Miles SACDs I don't yet have... except for those real pricey JSACDs). Anybody know if it's OOP?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Rich,

There are a number of SACD titles "deleted" from Sony Music's website. John Denver's Greatest Hits Live, for example. I am certain those "deleted" titles are floating around somewhere.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Seth, the discount should apply as long as you buy 2 titles (DVD, CD or SACD) from a select group of artists. These are the artists:

Miles Davis
Bruce Springsteen
Korn
Celine Dion
Tony Bennett
Harry Connick, Jr.
Train
Incubus
Yo-Yo Ma
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Michael Jackson
Destiny's Child
Beyonce
Jessica Simpson

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
No - if you buy 2 from the list of artists (e.g. including any of Ma's CDs or DVDs not just the crossover ones or any classical CD, etc.) then everything is discounted.

Start here: http://www.sonymusicstore.com/

You don't need to go to the SACD section to see SACDs - you can go to the above. In fact, I bought Sketches of Spain which would only let me select CD or Cassette at the SACD section link and the above I could select the SACD. Once you buy 2 DVDs or CDs from the select artists you can buy the classical SACDs or anything else at the discount.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Great deal, good looking! Just ordered a bunch of discs, including:

-Miles Davis
Sketches Of Spain
-Miles Davis
Black Beauty: Miles Davis At Fillmore West
-Miles Davis
In A Silent Way
-Miles Davis
Miles Smiles
-Keb' Mo'
Just Like You
-Lauryn Hill
MTV Unplugged No. 2.0
-Keb' Mo'
The Door
-Stevie Ray Vaughan
Texas Flood
-The Thorns
The Thorns
-Aerosmith
Toys In The Attic
-James Taylor
Flag
-Johnny Cash
At Folsom Prison
-Marvin Gaye
Midnight Love
-George Szell
Grieg: Peer Gynt Suite; Bizet: L'Arlésienne Suite, No.1; Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition
-George Szell
Mahler: Symphony No.10; Walton: Partita for Orchestra; Stravinsky: Firebird Suite -Various
-The Concert For New York City

Thanks again for the coupon

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
SRV, Boston, and Aerosmith's Greatest Hits coming my way.

BTW, this is a seriously slow web site. Perhaps my connection is bad, but it took wayyyyy toooo long to place my order.

BGL

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Where is Korn SACD on Sonys website? I heard they were doing Untouchables on SACD but ive never seen it.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Matt, don't know. They don't even have every single layer SACD available. In the SACD area, it would not show Sketches of Spain, but showed in the Sony Music Store. In aother case on one artist all it showed was CD or cassette, no SACD. I should have bought more but I have too much of a backlog. I found this one post on Korn: http://www.sa-cd.net/showthread/1388/1388/y#1388

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Just to be clear, the discount seems to apply to any artist I have tried. Also, you should check both the sonymusicstore.com (follow formats to SACD) and sonymusic.com/sacd websites for artists and titles, as they are inconsistent and incomplete.

For example, the sonymusic.com/sacd site does not list any Bowie discs (I was looking for Heathen), but the music store site did have Heathen at the same discounted price, along with other Bowie SACD's. These Sony e-commerce websites are terrible, but it was worth the trouble to end up with various Miles Davis, Bowie, etc. SACD's for $11.88 each. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks