What's new

BIC H100 replacement driver and amp (1 Viewer)

afviper

Auditioning
Real Name
Igor
I recently bought a BIC H100 with a non working amplifier. Would it be a good idea to replace the amp, and driver, or should I just get a new amp, and keep the driver. If I was to replace the amp and driver I would probably get an amp that is $100-$150, for example the partsexpress 300W, and 500W Bash amps. For the driver I am not sure, but I would prefer to spend around $100. Here is a link to the BIC H100 specs if you need them http://www.acoustechspeakers.com/sho...pe=8&spkrID=26

If the performance increase is significant I would definitely spend the extra $150-$200 for the upgrade, but if it is a small increase in quality I would prefer to save the money, and just buy a replacement amp. I understand the box is a lot smaller than most DIY subs, so that will probably limit the performance if I choose to upgrade. I was also thinking of sealing the enclosure, although that might make this a little big for a 12" sealed sub.

Brent_S

Second Unit
The link doesn't say if it's a sealed or vented box...at least I didn't see any indication.

Assuming construction is .75" material, my math says the cabinet is a hair under 2 ft^3 gross internal volume. You'll need to subtract out any internal bracing present in the enclosure to determine net volume available to the driver.

A Dayton RS12" HiFi or DVC12 would be happy in the volume sealed.

For ported options. The RS 12" HO tuned in the 22hz range would work pretty well too. The 10" Titanic is another candidate for that volume and tuning.

I'm pretty sure these drivers would present an improvement over the OEM driver, but without a way to compare or sim apples-to-apples, there are no guarantees.

-Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks