What's new

Biamping my speakers, would this way be OK? (1 Viewer)

Marc Angeles

Stunt Coordinator
Moving to a very small apartment, I am forced to give up my SVS. I was thinking, I have a pair of Klipsch KLF-20's that I might bi-amp. Here is my idea. I will use the receiver to power the highs and mids, but use my 2 marantz monoblocks to power the low end. To do this, I will run a y connector to split the LFE pre-out to go into each amp and then run cable from each amp to the speakers woofers via the unbridged binding posts. Just wondering, is this a good idea? How should I configure the bass management on the receiver?
Thanks,
Marc

JohanK

Second Unit
I would try setting sub to NO or OFF and mains to LARGE and then try 'biamping' this way. The gains for the amps need to be relatively close, otherwise the sound will be disjointed.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I would try setting sub to NO or OFF and mains to LARGE and then try 'biamping' this way. The gains for the amps need to be relatively close, otherwise the sound will be disjointed.
"disjointed" may be an understatement. You should not use the LFE output at all. Set your mains to "Large", Y-out from the pre-outs, and use two amps, no binding posts. I wouldn't even consider it unless the amps were IDENTICAL.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks