What's new

BFD questions/problems (1 Viewer)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my BFD earlier today and have started playing around with it. I'm using it between a Yamaha 995 and an Energy 10" sub. I have some questions/problems which don't seem to be covered by previous posts so please bear with me:

1. Originally, I plugged the sub cable into the sub's external crossover input and just adjust the sub level from the receiver. When I hooked up the BFD, this hookup scheme gave very little sound. I switched to the other input in the sub where the sub controls both the volume and x-over and it sounded much louder (had to turn the gain down). Is this the proper hookup??

2. I'm currently using RCA cable with 1/4" TRS to RCA adapters to hook up the BFD. The output of the BFD to the sub doesn't connect well unless I have the TRS only half inserted into the output jack of the BFD. If I insert it all the way, I lose the connection. Any idea what's wrong??

3. What would you call a flat response? How many dB from loudest to softest?? I'm still not totally dialed in but I got the spread down from just over 20dB to just under 10dB.

Thanks for any info/help.......

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
The output of the BFD to the sub doesn't connect well unless I have the TRS only half inserted into the output jack of the BFD. If I insert it all the way, I lose the connection. Any idea what's wrong??
Ari, my first guess would be that you have a stereo RCA to 1/4 plug. Use a mono plug like the Radio Shack Cat.#: 274-884. If that's not it, sorry.. I don't know.
Here are a couple of nice help sites HTF members have created.
http://www27.brinkster.com/jmag999/
http://www.troycable.net/~snap/bfdinfo.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks