What's new

BFD Question, technical (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Quick question, its been thrown around that the BFD adds a time delay of a millisecond, can anyone else back this up? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

Also we all know that the BFD messes with amplitude, but what does it do to phase? does it also adjust it, similar to a 31 band EQ?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Personally I wouldn’t worry about a millisecond or two.

Not sure what you mean about the BFD “messing with amplitude,” or what you mean about a 1/3 octave EQ “adjusting” phase, but at Sonnie Parker’s BFD Comprehensive Set Up Guide there’s a link to a bench-test of the BFD that addresses its phase.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
the BFD adjusts the amplitude of the signal it sends the amp at different frequencies, So does a 31 band EQ, but a 31 band EQ also adjusts the phase with respect to the amplitude that you adjust.

A +5db at 1K will set the phase off by X,

Now seeing that the BFD is digital i am guessing that it will not change the phase as you change the amplitude

i couldn't seem to find that link on that page, must be the many hours studying for finals getting to me

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks