What's new

Beyond The Posedion Adventure- 8/22 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Good news for the few of us who actually like this movie- the blurb on dvdactive says that that the TV footage is also on the disc, though it isn't listed w/ the extras or anywhere else on the packaging-
also, this may sound inane, but I desperately hope the trailer to this film is on the disc (extras list a disaster trailer gallery, but no mention if this films one is included in that). reason being, I have many fond memories of spending the summer this was originally released at the movies, and the trailer then was a near constant- I honsestly don't recall if I ever enjoyed the film or not, but I would pick up the disc just for that trailer.
silly I know, but...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...adventure.html

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Paul, I doubt you will enjoy this movie today if you saw it again beyond it being a guilty pleasure. A lot of good actors collecting a fat check sleepwalking through the movie. I saw just about all of Michael Caine's movies during the late 70's/early 80's when he basically was doing any movie for the buck (Silver Bears, Ashanti, The Swarm, The Island, The Hand etc). This one was probably the worst one of the bunch. That being said I am glad it is being released. I probably will buy it because I am a big Caine fan. I own The Swarm and would love to see The Island on DVD.

walter o

Supporting Actor

I thought SILVER BEARS was a entertaining romp, and would love to see this released on DVD in widescreen (the vhs is horribly pan and scanned). I wished Tango DVD released ASHANTI in widescreen instead of fullscreen, as this was a panavision movie, and the DVD, though much more cleaner than the old VHS copy, still would be nice to see the beautiful photography in glorious widescreen.

Wasn't THE HAND in WB's amazon poll for titles people can vote to be out on DVD? It would be fun to see if Oliver Stone would give us a commentay for this one! Or maybe WB can make a deal with SCTV to use the take off they did on this film MY BLOODY HAND.

By the way, August 22 is less than a month away. Kinda odd for WB to announce sometihng less than a month from street date.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The new, and not-so-improved, POSEIDON is due on DVD the same day, which has to be some sort of record for a high-profile film washing out on the home theater market. BEYOND, like WHEN TIME RAN OUT, is a lifeless, end-of-an-era movie, with so much money expended on slumming star power there was hardly any left for disasters. Still, I have some affection for it, as it was the first movie I saw sans parents at the theater. I'm not sure that'll nudge me toward a sale, however.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
"The Hand" isn't on DVD yet? HDnet movies had it on a few months back so I just assumed it was on DVD.

It looked pretty good, although I had forgotten what a monumental bore the film actually is.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
Picked up the DVD today for 9.99 at BB. The extra TV scenes are not present either in the film or as bonus features. There's just a featurette, trailer, and some other Warner disaster trailers.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
No additional scenes, even after they were promised?

Warner needs to step up their quality control. As someone said in the "Grumpy Old Men" thread, they "know better".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Not that the movie interests me...It's just that if you promise something, you should deliver on it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

For the the Disaster Movie completists like myself who care about this film the transfer is very nice. This never did make it to Laserdisc so this is the 1st time I have seen it in Widescreen since seeing it at the theaters back in 1979. Widescreen definately helps the movie and the color on the DVD is very nice.

I remember seeing this one as a double feature with Concorde, Airport 1979 in the summer of 1979. I remember liking Beyond at the time and being dissapointed in Airport 1979.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks