What's new

Bewitched Complete Series Box set? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I got the Sony set late last year when Amazon dropped it down to about $20. I know the spindle packaging doesn't have many fans, but my discs all appear to be in good condition, and it's really hard to complain at that price. I spent an additional $6 buying used copies of the Sony discs for Seasons 1 & 2 in black & white. So about $26 for the entire show, with both versions of the first two seasons - no complaints here. Just started watching them this week.

I grew up mostly on Star Trek TOS, Twilight Zone and Honeymooners reruns, with a dash of I Love Lucky and The Dick Van Dyke Show mixed in. Bewitched was a show that I always wanted to see, but only caught maybe a dozen episodes over my teenage years via Nick at Nite. I'm really looking forward to finally getting to see this. Three episodes down, how many left? :)

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
Three episodes down, how many left? :)

254 episodes in total then 11 episodes + 2 pilots if you include the later Tabitha spin-off

7f3525b898cb05886c39ad6e5dff915a.jpg

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Has anyone got any or all of the 3 bewitched books? Which would you recommend?

The Bewitched Continuum: The Ultimate Linear Guide to the Classic TV Series
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0692290923

The Bewitched History Book, 50th Anniversary Edition
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1593934424/

Bewitched Forever: The Immortal Companion to Television's Most Magical Supernatural Situation Comedy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1565302257/

I own all 3. They are all good, but different. I recommend them all, but it depends what you are looking for?

If you are a new fan of the show, and want to learn about the actors, and behind the scenes stuff, or how the series was created, I would go for: Bewitched Forever: The Immortal Companion to Television's Most Magical Supernatural Situation Comedy: Herbie Pilato wrote the first "Bewitched book on the series. This one is the expanded "second" edition. Behind the scenes stuff, he interviewed the stars before they past away. Bios, episode guide. Lots of photos.

If you are already a fan of the show and want a very detailed description of each episode and lots of photos, I would go for: The Bewitched History Book, 50th Anniversary Edition: A very detailed episode guide, some commentary by the author, and some historical facts like what happened in history on the day or week that the episode aired which is why it is called the Bewitched HISTORY book.The descriptions of each episode are written well, but the commentary is strictly the author's opinions, like "I LOVE this episode" or "Samantha's hair is absolutely the WORST in this episode." It's a bit pricey, but it has over 700 pages and contains a lot of photos.

If you are a die-hard Bewitched Super fan, and want to read a dissection of each episode, I would go for: The Bewitched Continuum: The Ultimate Linear Guide to the Classic TV Series: This one blew me away. I was really impressed. I considered myself a Bewitched expert, but I learned a lot of things I never knew. There is a brief description of the episodes followed by extensive commentary on the continuity of the show, like how the witches' spells contradicted each other from episode to episode. For the nitpickers only. The photo section is small and the photos are poorly reproduced so don't get this one if you want lots of photos. But the text is great! Reasonably priced at over 600 pages. Looks like the size of a phonebook.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I got the Sony set late last year when Amazon dropped it down to about $20. I know the spindle packaging doesn't have many fans, but my discs all appear to be in good condition, and it's really hard to complain at that price. I spent an additional $6 buying used copies of the Sony discs for Seasons 1 & 2 in black & white. So about $26 for the entire show, with both versions of the first two seasons - no complaints here. Just started watching them this week.

I grew up mostly on Star Trek TOS, Twilight Zone and Honeymooners reruns, with a dash of I Love Lucky and The Dick Van Dyke Show mixed in. Bewitched was a show that I always wanted to see, but only caught maybe a dozen episodes over my teenage years via Nick at Nite. I'm really looking forward to finally getting to see this. Three episodes down, how many left? :)

I bought the same complete series set at Costco. I haven't made a dent in it.many to watch!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
VERY compressed picture, please keep that in mind. Awful packaging, and the "Sisters At Heart" episode is missing the intro by Montgomery. However, the Screen Gems logo is back, so there's that...

It took me a long time, but I sought out the Sony Boxed set. Totally worth the search. Or if you can find the individual original sets, since the Sony box has the colorized early episodes.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
IMO it is not "The Original Broadcast Versions" unless the episodes have have their correct theme music and sponsor-themed openings, which I assume is not the case. [One of the things I like about the DVDs of "The Lucy Show" is that you can choose to watch it with the original sponsor-themed opening credits.]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks