What's new

Best Way To Prepare For the GMAT? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Hi everyone... this Decemeber I'm going to sit for the GMAT and want to study for it. Which tools are better...books, software, or classes? Any recommended books?

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
I can not personally attest to the GMAT, but I had to study for the GRE. When I was first scheduled to take the exam it was a written exam, but now everything is computerized. So, I went and bought study guides for the GRE computer version to replace the study guides for the written one. The main difference between the 2 exams for the GRE is the computer version is a progessive exam. The actual number of questions is less for the computer because of the weighting factors involved. The guides I purchased came with CDs with sample exams, so I just sat at my computer and went through several practice exams until I felt comfortable. I would recommend at least get study guides from 2 manufacturers and read them and as a must, do the practice exams provided. Nothing can prepare you for the exam like practice exams.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Like Kevin, I can only speak for the GRE, but I found it was easiest to just pick up a couple of prep books with companion CDs, and lock myself in my office.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'm studying for the GMAT as well. I picked up a study book (I think Barron's) that came with a cdrom. Then, I downloaded the free GMAT software from mba.com. I haven't studied hardcore for it yet so I can't vouch for it's effectiveness but the free software can't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks