What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Best U2 DVD? (1 Viewer)

JasonBrown

Stunt Coordinator
What's the best U2 DVD out there? The Go Home one from Slane? Live in Boston? I think the Slane one is the only one with DTS.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Nick Hallett

Agent
Their best concert footage is probably on rattle and hum, but I think as for which new one is best it's really a toss up. Boston has better video, but slane has a seemingly infinite mass of ecstatic irish. Slane has DTS, but the Boston sound is superb also. Just buy them both.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
Rattle and Hum.

It has one of the best concert DD tracks I've ever heard.

The content is U2 at their zenith.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I wish we could get a dvd of a full Joshua Tree tour concert. That would be amazing.

cwhite

Second Unit

"Under a Blood Red Sky". Has it not been ever released on DVD? We all remember that concert shown on MTV(when was the last time MTV showed a actual concert?}

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

There are hours of unreleased outtakes from Rattle and Hum; at one time, these were widely... Nevermind. :D

As painful as some of the existing film is to watch (sorry), a re-release with some of this extra material would be incredible.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Angelo,

I have heard that there are ****legs of full Joshua Tree shows out there, a pro-shot from LA is one I've heard of. It would still be sourced from a vhs copy, so probably not that great. They have the footage, the band could release a full Joshua Tree show.

And Van Halen might release a live dvd from the David Lee Roth era. :laugh:

Aaron_Mum

Stunt Coordinator
I vote "Go Home one from Slane" this is my favorite concert DVD hands down. When they transition from "all I want is you" to "streets have no name" I almost pee myself its so cool! DTS sounds great as well.

Drew_N

Grip
I second the Slane castle. The sheer amount of people in attendance give this one an extra bit of energy. DTS also rocks.

Nick Hallett

Agent
While we are on the topic of incontinance, I'll have to say that the Rattle & Hum concert footage that is in color (where the streets have no name, With or without you) is so incredibly well done that I tend to have the same affliction as Aaron...

DavidKNML

Agent
I also vote for "Go Home".

I also would love a Joshua Tree DVD.
I'll never forget: Spending the night in line to get tickets. Having it sell out 3 shows with 1 person in front of me. Leaving to go home and while sitting on the bus I hear they added 2 more shows. Buying nose bleed seats from a ticket agency for $50 each. Then best of all sitting and waiting for U2 to come out on stage when Stand By Me started playing on the load speakers and the whole crowd just started singing it. As we were singing, Bono jumped on stage and joined in with us. The rest of the band came out and joined and the show started.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks