Best speaker system for under $800?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Duda, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Joe Duda

Joe Duda Auditioning

What do you think would be the best bet for me? I am looking at Klipsch Synergy system and Harman Kardon HKTS 10.

2. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

For under $800, you may want to check out Paradigm's Cinema speaker system. Here's a review:
    Paradigm Cinema Speaker Review
    You can buy the complete 5.1 system for around $700 USD.
    You may also want to consider putting your $800 toward a nice set of mains and add the rest of the speakers and sub later [​IMG]

3. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

BTW, finding the "best" system really depends on your ears. You should try to audition every recommendation that you receive here. Also, do a search and see if just how many recommendations are available on past threads. Enjoy your hunt [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Two pair of JBL N26II bookshelves (could go with the N24II for surrounds to cut cost a little more) with a N-CenterII and an Adire Rava sub will come in at around $850-$900 mark.

Home Theater Direct Level 3 center, Level 3 bookshelves for mains and Level 2 bookshelves for surrounds with Rava will also come in at under $900.

The above don't take into account shipping, you'll need to add a little more for shipping.

If the Synergy system is the SC1 with two pair of SB1 monitors, then that along with a Rava would be a great little system. If it is the quintet or the SC.5 or SS.5 I wouldn't go for it.

5. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

I would check out Axiom speakers. They have great deals on their factory outlet speakers. Just putting in my 2 cents. Look at www.axiomaudio.com.
    Daniel