Best reciever for around $300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by BrianHo, Apr 19, 2003.

1. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

Any help. I almost ordered the Sony DE885 until i read your reviews. I will be ordering tomorrow. I kind of wanted a 6.1 so i can expand my system later on.

Thanks guys

2. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

I still like my Panasonic SAHE100; the more powerful and feature-rich SAHE200 can be found at jandr.com for the remarkable (not to sound like an ad, but it's a very good price) price of $319. The SAHE100 can be found for around $250.

Both are 6.1 systems.

3. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

Well i just bought the SAHE200k from JandR.com. It even came with a free rear center channel, shipping and a DVD. I hope i made a good choice.

4. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

One question though. It says 130 x 2 @ 6 Ohms, but my speakers are 8ohms. Will this hurt anything?

Brian

5. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

no, 8ohm speakers will be easier for the amp to drive, but won't draw as much power, probably about 80% of what 6ohm speaker would draw. 8ohm speakers will also cause less distortion (THD) from the amp.

Hope this helps.

6. Matt Malto

Matt Malto Stunt Coordinator

Pioneer VSXD-912k. You get find it for $299 (retail is $399) at www.etronics.com. Probably one of the better receivers out there under $500.

7. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

Does the Panny have channel presets? Crutchfield says yes, but i read that it didn't earlier.

Brian

8. RobWil

RobWil Supporting Actor

Check out the thread in this forum where you can get the kenwood 6070 for $269 shipped from ecost. I don't see how you could even come close to that for $300.

Edit>
    Looks like they add some handling charges after further review. Some good deals though.