1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Best price on a DST-3000 HDTV Reciever?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_H, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Jon_H

Jon_H Stunt Coordinator

Im taking another plunge a few days after getting my panasonic PT-47 HDTV. I decided to but a HD Reciever. Im leaning towards the DST-3000 after a read many great stories about it here on the forum. Anyone know any good places to get one for a good price that is a reliable source? (online or B+M)
    I was also looking at the Panasonic TU-HDS20 but cant seem to justify it for the more money that it costs, i would be nice to get so it matches my TV and my rp-56 but cosmetics comes last to me, I want quality/dollar.
    If anyone has any thoughts on this please feel free to comment or point out some places to get this for a decent price. I always like to get third party input on my purchases before going for it. Thanks guys!
    Jon

2. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

I believe you might have just missed out on the $429 DST-3000 deal from some company on the West Coast. Check the "HD Hardware" section at avsforum.com for more info. Also check the classified section here and at AVS. A guy at AVS has a used Panny for sale, you could make him an offer. I purchased my used DST-3000 from a member here through the classifieds for $400 shipped and have been very pleased with it. E-bay is also another option. Walking into Best Buy and paying $699 is not an option! Good Luck!

3. Chuck Sullivan

4. Rande

Rande Auditioning

Thumbs up on the DST 3000.......I paid $549....came to $575 shipped. Forgot that I needed elliptical dish.....another $125-150. Afterwards, found a $699 deal for dish, DST3000, plus a "deluxe" installation kit for $699 total from a vendor on Direct TV's website. I think it was American Satellite. Requires activation of the access card, but that won't be a problem for you. I don't have any experience with the vendor mentioned. good luck.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------

5. Michael_Sit

Michael_Sit Auditioning

Video Only in San Mateo, CA has this STB for $449 which is their regular in-store price.
    I negotiated them down to $396. Don't know if they're still shipping out of state, though.