What's new

Best Indoor Antenna???????? (1 Viewer)

David*RT

Stunt Coordinator
I connected a $20 RCA Indoor Antenna (#ANT130) to my HTPC and it was unfortunately a p.o.s. I could only pull in NBC and a couple of latin channels--all grainy.

Can anyone recommend a great antenna that's better than the RCA.

Budget is no concern............

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Honestly the best TV signal I've ever gotten is with the FM whip antenna that came with my reciever for pulling FM radio. I have yet to find a power antenna that can match it and I've tried!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
For an HDTV card? The Zenith Silver Sensor is a popular and cheap one. I tried many indoor antennas (best being the SS) but the fact that I live beneath extremely large trees made me return all the antennas and the card (MyHD 120). Even though antennaweb.org said otherwise the only way I could get a stable signal was through one of those big outdoor antennas. Personally I wouldn't mind putting one up but I'll wait till I graduate and move outta the house for that. :b

I got the SS at Best Buy but I can't seem to find it on their site, maybe they stopped carrying it. This one looks pretty mean.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Scott hits on a point: No matter how well designed a souped-up, amped-up indoor antenna may be, it cannot overcome physics when it comes to large buildings or trees or hills or mountains. If a signal is getting bounced ever which way before it arrives at your antenna, you're out of luck -- unless you opt for a large, mast-anchored outdoor antenna.

But if you get a decent antenna image, it's going to look better than most cable and most DBS.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Try the Radio Shack double bow-tie antenna. It works better than most of the so-called HDTV antennas and only costs around $15.

Jongyoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I second the Silver Sensor. I have one installed in the attic, and it can grab ALL the channels.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Silver Sensor worked great for me, pulled in all the OTA HD channels in the greater Boston area and Southern NH from 25 mi away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks