What's new

Best HTiB for $300 or less? (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
I haven't visited this forum in a while and am not too familiar with new products or reviews, but this gal is looking to get a HTiB for her boyfriend.

She'd like to spend no more than $300 (maybe a tad more) and has a DVD player, so that is not necessary.

So far, the best ones seem to be the Kenwood HTB-405/505 and the Pioneer HTP-220.

Do you people have any other suggestions or opinions on these sets? I was leaning toward the Pioneer, but I browsed this forum quick and found much lovin' going toward the Kenwood. :)

I think Onkyo is out of her price range. Thanks for any help.

Tom Heim

Auditioning
When I first started looking a little over a month ago the Pioneer topped my list the Kenwood probably has better speakers but they are bookshelf not satelite which is what I needed due to space constraints

the htp 220 comes with the vsx d411 receiver which only has composite jacks which is something to think about if they plan on using s video or component video

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks