What's new

Best games for Gamecube - kids (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am going to get a Gamecube for my kids 7, 5, and 3 this Christmas. They love action/role-playing games like Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario, Star Wars etc. Myself, I love fighting games like Soul Calibur (Dreamcast). What would you recommend as 3 of the top games to get based on this?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros Melee, Star Wars Rogue Leader, Sonic Adventure 2, Luigi's Mansion.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures, and Super Smash Brothers.
Also just to note if you haven't already gotten the Cube, don't forget about the Cube bundle Nintendo has out now, indigo cube, one control, Mario Sunshine, and a 59 memory card, all for $189, about $35 dollars savings. Plus you'd probably want to pick up 2 or 3 more controlls so everyone can play, I recomend the Wavebirds, wireless gaming at it's best. :)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I agree with Sean's suggestions and I hear Animal Crossing is good for kids. Pikmin is also pretty good.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Rogue Leader is a great game but can be extremely frustrating for adults. Depending on how good your kids are at video games the may love it or they may hate it. Animal Crossing is a great game for the whole family. Also, the original Super Monkey Ball is a blast and is only about $30 now.

Damien

Supporting Actor
fighting - super smash brothers
platform - Super Mario Sunshine
3rd best GC game 4 kids - probably between AC and maio party 4, since sfa would be overwhelming most likely, star wars gets too hard...

PatrickM

Screenwriter
My 3 year old loved Super Smash Bros. but it made him a little excitable. He also loves Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Mickey's Magical Mirror and even my Madden NFL 2003.

Patrick

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Is there no Donkey Kong for the GC? I understand there is a Luigi's mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and probably other Mario Brothers related games. If I had to pick just one game from the Mario series, which one would be it. I may combine this with Sonic Adventure, and get one third game.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Damien

Supporting Actor
actually it may be smart to x out my third choice, and try to pick up bomberman generations and super monkey ball 1 cheap(for around the same price as super monkey ball 2)....but at least i recommend one monkey ball game

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks