What's new

Best cop movies of the 80's (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Umm...really when I say cop flicks I mean pretty much straight cops trying to nail the bad guy type films. Blade Runner is sci fi and one hell of a film I might add. But really when I started the thread I was looking for more traditional cop chases bad guy type stuff...and I like these films to have a real gritty edge.

Untouchables is a definate cop flick. Excellent choice. I wouldn't put films that also fit in other genres in this thread...Robocop, Angel Heart, Blade Runner...I should have been more specific..comedy is out too...

I think the interesting thing about cop films (dramas) is that they sort of reflect things about our culture at the time they are made. Colors is a good example of that...and was a good choice...

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
To Live and Die in LA.

Damn you people who beat me to it.

Next is Angel Heart, although that is a detective film, not a cop film.

It seems the cop films I remember best were fun, not profound. Shoot to Kill was fun. Formula, but fun. Same thing with 48 Hrs. Year of the Dragon never escalated to the point of greatness for me, though it was damn good. Same thing with the Judd Nelson flop Blue City, Michael Mann's Band of the Hand, the Richard Dreyfuss comeback vehicle Stakeout, the somewhat eccentric Off Limits.

My favorite of all of these, though, is A Soldier's Story...absolutely fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks