What's new

Best Buy Bash (1 Viewer)

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
I treated myself to a dvd burner for Christmas. Wanting to make sure it works when I open it on Christmas, I installed it last night.
Made a short dvd movie that played great on my computer. Tried to play it in my ht dvd player, a Sony something or another. Would not recognize the disk.
Dang, now I have to upgrade another component in my HT ;)
With dvd in hand, I went to my local Best Buy. I had decided to go with the Tosh 4700. Wanting to make sure it would play my dvd’s, I explained my situation and asked for an rca cable. He read the product info card and declared it would work. I explained that I wanted to check it out first. He refused indicating that he had too much to do help me. I advised I did not need his help just give me the cable, I will handle it. He then advised that the tv’s were too big and heavy. I advised that I would use the video inputs on the front panel. He still resisted.
I asked him if he remembers seeing the Best Buy commercial inviting the public in to play with the toys. He said yes. I asked him if he wanted me to take my business to Circuit City (which was a bluff because they do not carry Toshiba). He said no and found a patch cable.
Dvd played great. My intent was to purchase. After this experience, I decided to purchase online and save some money.
I hate to complain, but man do they make it easy!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Yes the certainly do make it easy. That really sucks man but at least you didn't get thrown out or something. I had a problem involving chasing amy at best buy. I got the bad pressing and I went to return the disc a 3rd time and the lady tried to explain layer changes to me for 5 min. and I eventually said ok put in the disc and pointed out to her that the layer change wasn't at the problem area. Uhhh sometimes I swear if we replaced all BB employees with members of htf we'd be alot better off. Or just cyborg robots and chimps who know about OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks