What's new

Best bang for buck speaker system (1 Viewer)

Brian.M

Grip
Howdy. I have read so much about the onkyo speaker system being so good it almost or is at par with more expensive bookshelf speakers like Energy Take 5.2, HSU Ventriloquist, Klipsch quintets and the B&W 300 series. Heck, CNET gives the onkyo a higher rating than any of the other brands. Since I have not heard any, have you ever compared the speaker brands against each other in terms of sound quality versus price?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Price plays a large roll in those cnet reviews. I doubt highly that the onkyo system would come close to the B&W's when it comes to sound quality. When it comes to bang for the buck, the onkyo has it, but you have to be realistic about this. The B&W system they reviewed was nearly $1200, the onkyo is around $200, if im not mistaken. There is no way it is on par with the B&W's, or any of the others you listed with the possible exception of the HSU system which ive never heard before. If it was, nobody in there right mind would buy B&W's.

Give these guys a budget and your listening habits and im sure they will have some recommendations. If you dont require bookshelf speakers or sats then you could take a look at the Fluance SX-HTB. Theres a large buzz going around about that speaker package, for around $300 shipped.

http://www.fluance.com/fluan5speaks.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks