What's new

Best Bang for buck for $600-$1000 (2.1 system)? + other newbie home theater questions. (1 Viewer)

ensignlee

Auditioning
Real Name
Edmund Lee
Hmm, seems like I found the answer to my question #1 above about receivers afte rsome search and lots of reading. I have to step up to the 616 to go from 2EQ to MultEQ to get the calibration/tuning to step up. Is that right?
If so, then that only leaves my second question. :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depending on "which flavor" of room correction you want...the 515 or 616, yes.
I, personally, am not a fan of "auto room correction" as it won't fix lousy speaker placement....
What it will do is fine tune a decent speaker placement. Which, if you have the right tools...and the right AVR, you can do that yourself anyway(I buy expensive AVR though...that give you the option).
Speakers don't "need watts"...They don't "have watts" either.
You buy speakers based on ohm load...then efficiency.
Then you buy enough power to get those speaker to get as loud as you need.
The speakers you chose are 92db efficient. For them to play 102db(at 1 meter) they need 10 watts. Your choice of 515/616 can come up with around 90wpc. That works out close to 110db. That should be more than sufficient to make you go deaf.
Those speakers say they work with "up to 300rms"(which means nothing, at all)...so Def Tech is saying, if you put enough power behind them...they'll reach 116db. Your 90 already gets them around 110.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks