What's new

best at home, no equipment exercise for abs (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I'm looking for some ab exercises to add to my current cardio and pushups. I keep hearing that crunches are out and this fad and that new thing but whats the best? Or at least really good? And how many in a set?

jeremy

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The best single abs exercise that I've found is bicycle crunches.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Keep feet off the ground, lower legs parallel to the floor, & shoulders off the floor (like crunches).
- Bring left knee to right elbow (right shoulder should be off the floor).
- go back to starting position
- bring right knee to left elbow
- go back to starting position
- repeat

These are not the same as oblique crunches because you're bringing your knee and elbow together (vs. bringing your elbox to the knee). Keep in mind that to get a '6-pack' you need to have low body fat (your cardio will help with that).

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I used to do these ab workouts using a device that consisted of a wheel with a handle on each side of it. You rest on your knees and have your hands on the handles. Then you let the wheel go out in front of you, while locking your elbows, and trying to see how far out you can move the wheel. Talk about a killer workout. I've never had my abs burning so badly. But it did end up hurting my back as it puts a lot of stress on it.
Just an idea!
Well crap. That involves equipment doesn't it! Guess that doesn't help much! Sorry.:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks