What's new

best analog rca for under $100? (1 Viewer)

Walt Park

Stunt Coordinator
ok.. so until last night I was not a believer in interconnects. I picked up a pair of monster interlink 400 and a pair of reference 2 rca cables. The ref 2 was noticibly better than the 400 and both were alot better than the ones I had before. I didnt want to believe it because honestly I didnt want to have to get new cables, but here we are.

Anyway I dont really like the idea of spending alot of $ on cables but I'm only going to need 1 pair (I'm going to do a njoe tjoeb cd player directly into a blue circle cs amp)so I guess I can splurge on one cable.

Anyway the Monster Ref 2 is nice, but I dont have faith in monster products since I opened the end of their speaker cables when I broke the pin and found the ends to be pretty crappy. So I have to think there are better cables for the money. Since most of the places wont let you try the cables and take them back, (Like what I'm going to do with the monster ones), what is my best bet under or at least not much over $100 for a 1M cable?

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I use Bettercables.com Silver Serpent interconnects and they are fantastic. Their return policy is much more liberal and they will even pay for return shipping if you don't like them. I had originally purchased these and returned them because I thought I could find a better pair for cheaper. I purchased them again six months later because I consider them to be the best quality for my dollar.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
to eichmann who's selling them they are! you could always make some interconnects too if you were interested for a few dollars.

Walt Park

Stunt Coordinator
Ok Chu. I'll bite, where do I get the silver wire for a few bucks? And how much should decent ends cost?
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...cashootout.htm does some comparisons, and apparently they disagree that the bullets are only good for the manufacturer.
Do your DIY couple of bucks interconnects sound better than say the silver serpents, and have you heard the bullets to know if they are just hype? Have you done comparisons on commercial vs diy cables? Recommendations? or are you just talking out your butt on a lazy sunday morning.
I'm all for good advise, but your comment is both off topic and leads me no where.
Matt: thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll try them. The 30 day guarentee seems very reasonable to me.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
I think the bullet plugs are a worth while upgrade. I've tried them in both digital coax and analog audio applications and the improvement is noticeable. They are fragile though and require extra care when handling.

Other cables worth looking at in the under $100 price range:
CatCables
RhinoCables
ZuCable
BolderCables

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
canare's are only a few dollars each and you could either buy silver coated copper with a kynar sheeth for several dollars for a 50 ft roll. pick out the colors you like. if you want sources for plain silver wire (teflon coated) i can provide sources. surely you jest when you buy into eichmanns claims, yes? he cannot and will not provide one single shred of evidence or literature reference substantiating one iota of what he says. he doesn't strike me like the next tesla or maxwell. but if eichman's turn you on, make an interconnect with those. perhaps you'd care to share the differences you've experienced. come now, there's no magic here with audio interconnects. as to how homemade interconnects sound compared to say the silver serpents...why i should think they'd sound rather the same.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I highly recomend the Silvercats from Link Removed They're all I'll use for critical connections in my HT

Andy Young

Stunt Coordinator
I use Liberty Cable Z-400 series interconnects. They are THX certified (if that means anything to you) and seem very well built to me. I have no idea what the company's reputation is, but I've been very satisfied with the cables. I also use Liberty S-video cables all around.

These cables are in the $40-$60 range for a 1-m pair, I think -- it's been about 2 years since I ordered mine. They are comparable with Monster in price, but I think they are of higher quality.

I think onecall stocks Liberty speaker wire and S-video cables. Don't know if they stock the interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks