What's new

Behold, I am now a college Student! (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Yes, after several years of mental-retirement, I have decided to go to school. I am entering my first semester for a hopefull Business Administration degree.
I've tried to keep up on current events and reading (as a hobbie) so I'm not expecting too many troubles in keeping-up with my studies in English composition or Western Civilization History (History has always been my favorite subject), I'm afraid Intermediate algebra will kill me...

What the fuck are these 120 buttons on a graphic calculator for? I promptly forgot anything involving fake numbers immediately after class in highschool. Geometry wasn't too bad because it involved shapes and stuff.... Arghh!!!!

Anyway, anybody know any good websites for some immediate help in (re)learning the basics of algebra and scientific calculator useage? Any help would be most appreciated.:)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Anyway, anybody know any good websites for some immediate help in (re)learning the basics of algebra and scientific calculator useage? Any help would be most appreciated.
What do you need help with? What calculator are you having trouble with?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Garrett, if you foresee problems, find the lowest level math class and start there. There may be a pre-algebra course or something you can start with, it might not be for credit, but it'll help get you up to speed. I knew a lot of people that were continually retaking College Algebra at my school, and considering they weren't understanding it even after taking it a few times I got a hunch they skipped the earlier stuff because it wouldn't count towards anything. Another thing you can do is look for tutoring and math labs and that sort of stuff at your school.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks