What's new

Beavis & Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1 Due 11/08 (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Id rather have something instead of nothing but I wish they werent "best of" sets,even if they were picked by Judge.

I want ALL of the episodes from the first 5 seasons! Id love to have the videos but its not so important, as I think alot of the good episodes stood up on their own as stories (for the first 5 seasons anyway).

I hope its 40 and not 14 - its just not enough.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

I agree with you Jon but I doubt this will be a show that they will make in season form but I hope Paramount proves me wrong.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I just want confirmation that ALL the episodes from the past video releases will be included (work sucks, final judgement, there goes the neighborhood, chicks n' stuff, feel our pain, innocence lost, hard cash, law abiding citizens, troubled youth, do christmas, butt-o-ween). These were my exposure to B&B growing up and I hope that all the episodes featured within these video releases are going to make it to the upcoming collection.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Actually I'm hoping that none of them will be included. It's probably not worthwhile for me to buy this set if there's a lot of overlap with the ones I already have.

John*D

Second Unit
DVDempire.com has the artwork.

It's different that that banner tvshowsondvd.com had posted.

Rather than Beavis on the cover, it's now Butt-head.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...d=741426&tab=5

*** I think they should include the audio/video of Beavis and Butthead that plays during the Music Videos, but just NOT include the Music Video itself. I would guess that is the easiest way to NOT have to deal with licensing but still get the funny comments.

Since this set has some music videos, I suppose they were able to license a few of them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep, you're not imagining things. The reason for this will become clear later on. No, it won't be like Sin City, with the same package having different covers to collect. It's not that way at all. Just wait.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, any word yet on which episodes will be on the set? I would like to at least know if they will be the same ones that have been previousely released (time/life, history of).

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to assume that since boxsets are usually rectangular shaped, four sided parallelogram figures with two opposite flat planes...

that Beavis will be on the reverse.

Kevin/M

Agent
After doing some extensive research, I was able to gather that 19 Episodes (all of which were made in the First 4 Seasons) were banned, or shown censored/edited on MTV. Also, 11 of them were retained their MTV edits on Video, Laserdisc, and the History/TimeLife DVD's.

Of These 19, 7 pertain to the infamous "Fire" incident (Fire is either shown or mentioned) , one interestingly features a Pre-Columbine instance of a kid bringing a gun to school, another features Butt-Head bringing down a plane with a firearm (pre 9-11, of course), and one is edit is Music Related (Beavis and Butthead orignally sang the Jeopardy theme in one episode, it was later redubbed so they are now singing a generic soundalike. I hope that the Jeopardy theme is easier to clear than some of the Music Videos).

I hope THESE 19 Episodes are the ones that show up as Director's Cuts on this DVD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
kevin, thats great info, but why did you put it in a spoiler?

Kevin/M

Agent

In case anyone hasn't seen these episodes so i don't give away certain plot points or major events.

Oh, In case anyone want's to know, I can link to a comprehensive list of B&B Edits (the aforementioned one i made) so you know exactly what has been edited from which episode.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
No video's, no way! :thumbsdown:

This show without the video's would be like MST3K without the bad sci-fi film's, and all we're left with are those lame-ass bits with the bot's and Mike/Joel, although the bit's on B&B were much funnier than those were.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
JW - Quit bashing a brilliant show like MST3K!

Oh, and you had to know the videos wouldn't be included (except for the 11 videos that appear to be bonus features). Music clearance nightmare!!!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hold the phone, Dane, first off I LOVE MST3K! If I had a dime for everytime I cried laughing during that show I would be a rich man right now. I just never thought that the in-between parts were funny, the one's on the deck of the Satellite of Love.

Second, I knew about the clearance issue of course, but for the sake of this thread and since there is a proposed release coming out on dvd, I wanted to voice why I won't buy them, that's all.

Why single me out when that has been the main complaint by many in this thread? :confused:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Because I only read like the first 3 or so and last 3 or so posts of any thread. The rest is just fluff! :D ;) Your post just happened to be the one I saw last...

At any rate, it's not like I will be buying this one myself. But when I heard they were being released again, I didn't think for one minute that they'd get the videos to go along with them. On the plus side, I think M2 still airs this show from time to time with the videos.

John*D

Second Unit
There is a trailer for this set on the new Adam Sandler The Longest Yard DVD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks