What's new

Beavis & Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1 Due 11/08 (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Hadn't seen any news about this either here or on TVShowsOnDVD.com.

There was a HUGE banner -- next to one emblazoned with the still-ugly-why-don't-you-use-the-sweet-poster-art WARRIORS SE -- in the enormous exhibitor's hall at the San Diego Comic Con advertising "Beavis & Butthead: The Mike Judge Colleciion Vol. 1" (or something to that effect. Beavis' head is seen in profile inside an oval frame. Due October 18 (NOT November 8; blame my faulty memory).

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I wonder what this means. Is it possible we may see every B&B ep on DVD? If that's the case, I'll definitely bite. I own all of the VHS tapes which were re-released on DVD by Time-Life. I know to some, the music videos may be an issue, but I frankly don't care if they're not included. I'd love some more information on this. There are certain episodes that didn't make it on the existing releases that I'd love to see, including "Cow Tipping". Perhaps the material that was supposed to be on the shelved "History of Beavis And Butt-Head" will see the light of day on this or a future volume.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
The videos were a huge part of that show. In fact, watching the reruns on MTV2, I find myself laughing alot more when they show the videos than I do watching the rest of the episodes. If this set won't include the videos (and I doubt it will), there's no reason for me to buy it. They still run the episodes complete on MTV2, and well...that's what they make DVD recorders for. :)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
A part of me wouldn't mind the videos as well, but it would obviously be a music rights nightmare. B&B hasn't aired here in many years and all I've had to watch are the aforementioned VHS tapes. So the music videos won't be the deciding factor for me regarding whether or not I'll buy it. I'm only hoping this volume will be the first of many which will hopefully cover all of the cartoons.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Now, let's just hope the episodes themselves are unedited. I can't even watch it on MTV2 because of the horrible edits. I do have some uncut episodes (with the music videos), so I can always enjoy those.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Mike Judge's big beef with the infamous "History of Beavis & Butthead" set was that Paramount didn't ask him to select the episodes included and they actually ended up selecting some of his least-favorite episodes. With a title like "The Mike Judge Collection" I can only assume that this is another compilation, albeit one with his participation. I wish they'd release all the episodes. I can completely accept that the music videos are impossible to license but I'd like to see Paramount release a collection of episodes that's as complete as legally possible.

Kevin/M

Agent
Well, Licensing ALL of the Music Videos would obviously be impossible (And A conisderable amount of Music Videos used on the show are simply not very good), but Maybe a small Best-of Collection of the Music Videos (ones that are relatively cheap/easy to license, and/or ones that Mike Judge particuarly likes) would be a little more palatable. (Kind of the Route Rhino/Best Brains went with MST3K)

Videos or Not (I never liked the videos), This is definately going on my Wishlist, along with Looney Tunes vol 3 and the Ren and Stimpy Ultimate Set (Provided all of the cuts and edits are undone, of course)

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

True, but some of B&B's best moments are seen in their ridiculing the bad music videos. (Judas Priest's "Breakin' the Law" comes to mind.)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think Mike Judge should try securing relationships with various labels and artists and quite possibly releasing a "Beavis & Butt-Head's Greatest Music Moments, Vol. 1" or something along those lines, kinda like there's DVD's of the best SNL music performances and Ed Sullivan.

Imagine an hour-long DVD with some of the B&B videos. I know that they licensed a Rancid video and a Faith No More video for the Time-Life sets, so those two are a given. What about White Zombie? Rob Zombie credits B&B for his explosion in popularity and animated a video sequence for the theatrical film (when the heck is the second B&B movie coming? we've been waiting for 8 years). Hell, some of the B&B videos are so obscure that the artists would be honored to even be asked at this point.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
did i read somewere that judge has said even he doesnt own a copy of all the uncut eps.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I read that as well. I think he even said he ither bought or tried to buy a bootleg of the complete series...I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Here is the original post on that.

Kevin/M

Agent
Oh Yes, Since there's seems to be no coverage about this on any otf the DVD sites, can we be absolutely sure that the news about the DVD is factual

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Without videos, count me out! The videos were the very soul of this show, and I have no use for them without the videos. I understand that this will probably never happen, but I'd rather have nothing that this.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
the problem IMO is that the show isn't as fun without the videos. I quit watching the final season when they did away with the videos because I'd sift through the "plots" to see B&B rocking out to Ozzy or Metallica or making fun of a Winger video

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks