What's new

Beauty and the Beast HD screen shots!! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who finds it completely ridiculous that they would bother putting HDTV on the air and then leave the network logos on the screen? I won't watch anything on standard TV with a logo, I sure as hell won't watch HDTV like that! (Belle looks like she's about to suck up that (abc) )!

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Lookit! lookit! if I zoom in 3x10^69 power I see mosquito noise! fie on you disney! fie on you for giving us such a piece of crap product!

Sorry, couldn't resist, those screenshots look fantastic though.

Adam

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ahh. You can get a nice 30 degree angle of viewing and compression does not intrude into the experience.

Agreed that the logo on the HD station is rather silly.

Darnit...but I SO wish I had a digital recorder to have taped that. What is the equipment you use?

That pic looks 100 times better than the digital screen capture from the same scene on the DVD.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I find visible scan lines a lot less annoying than intentional vandalism of the picture. That's like having digital-quality radio and intentionally putting background noise over the music. Shows a complete lack of thinking on the part of whoever's in the TV business these days (I wanted to work in TV a long time ago but decided not to, this being one of the reasons why.)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Those pics sure are purdy. By the time my area gets HD, my sight will be so bad it won't matter!

-Dave

Ned

Supporting Actor
Maybe Disney will think twice about putting 600 versions of the same movie on 1 disc.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I doubt it. If it'd sell more, they'd put 601 versions on the disc. ;)
-Dave

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Darnit...but I SO wish I had a digital recorder to have taped that. What is the equipment you use?
David I used the MYHD pc card to record Beauty and the Beast to Harddrive(it was almost 10gig) then i dump it to DVHS.
Go here for info on the MYHD card
http://www.digitalconnection.com/
cool thing about this card is it can upconvert DVD files to 1920x1080 and does a great job. There is a noticable difference from my RP91.

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
Here are some side-by-side comparisons of details from those frames.
In each pair, the HD version is on the left, and the DVD version is on the right (blown up to HD resolution).

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Joe Schwartz

Your comparison shots are great!!! Thanks for finishing what I said I was going to do. After the first few negative comments I didnt think anyone cared so I wasnt going to waste my time by posting the DVD screen shots I had taken. Ive been really suprised by the amount of negitive comments toward HDTV on this forum.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Yes, thanks for those shot comparisons. I just can't believe that with all the silly copy-protetion crap that Disney is constantly throwing around that they just out-of-the-blue send out a 720P HD image over the air!
Was it the special edition?
In any case...it certainly shows how worthy HD resolution is...especially on a large screen. :) It also demonstrates how poor the compression is on this particular DVD title :frowning:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I watched part of that broadcast (55-inch Mits) and the image was fantastic, and it will be a long time before I spin the DVD again. Santa, how about one of those JVC D-VHS players? Oops, on the wrong list again this year? ;)

Miles

Second Unit
Just curious... backing up the OTA HD broadcast onto the HD... do you still have the ability to edit and chop out the endless ABC commercials?

Thanks,

Miles

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious... backing up the OTA HD broadcast onto the HD... do you still have the ability to edit and chop out the endless ABC commercials?
There is software called HDTVtoMPEG2 that can edit out commercials...its still being worked on but works great for me as is. If you have 2 dvhs players you can edit out commercials easily without quality loss since its all digital.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
"Ive been really suprised by the amount of negitive comments toward HDTV on this forum."

*I've* been really surprised by the apparent lack of protest over logos on HDTV (and regular TV for that matter, which I no longer watch for this reason)! I'd be really pissed if I'd spent thousands of dollars to upgrade to HDTV only to have the picture ruined like that! If I do get an HDTV and it requires an external tuner to get over-the-air broadcasts, I won't bother buying the tuner. (And as annoying as commercial breaks are, if they're placed with consideration as they sometimes used to do, they don't ruin the mood NEARLY as much as an always-present logo! Plus the ads pay for the show, the logos don't do anything but inflate the egos of the networks!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks