Battlefield 1942 : Multiplayer Demo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex Spindler, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Finally released and I must say I am impressed.
    For those that haven't been following, BF1942 is a FPS/war sim with a heavy slant towards the action element. Sort of like a World War II Online on a smaller scale, it represents a medium scale engagement with troops, tanks, planes, naval units, higgins boats, and AA guns. The MP demo plays out on Wake Island with the full suite of units. I have to say the feeling of jumping into the Japanese landing craft, pulling away from your boar, and beaching among gunfire is very impressive.
    A couple of images to whet your palatte:
    One
    Two
    Downloads can be found here : http://www.bfcentral.com/
    What are your thoughts?

2. Bill Gato

Bill Gato Stunt Coordinator

Alex,

Thanks for the heads-up on the demo. I had been playing the single-player demo forever and now that I've played the MP version, I must say that I am hooked.

I can't fly the airplanes yet, nor do I know how to play on the ships, but I'll have a fun time trying to figure it out.

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Just remember, rudder to steer the planes on the ground, and use the F9 Nose view to see better. Strangely enough, they don't have constant acceleration, so you should probably bind a mouse button to acceleration.